I am Garrett LaFosse, M.Sc., RP, RMFT. Thanks so much for visiting my page. I provide individual, couple, and family therapy services to residents of Ontario. I also provide clinical supervision to new therapists or experienced therapists interested in professional development. Feel free to scroll down to view whatever is relevant for you.
For more info on my Master’s degree and credentials, please see below:
· M.Sc.( https://family.uoguelph.ca/couple-and-family-therapy-msc),
· Registered Psychotherapist (RP) (https://www.crpo.ca/),
· Registered Marriage and Family Therapist (RMFT) (https://camft.ca/)
Couples Counselling – Do any of these apply?
-Do you find it hard to resolve issues between you?
-Do you keep having the same arguments repeatedly?
-Are you and your partner having frequent conflict or do you feel like you are just roommates?
-Has an affair put your relationship into crisis?
-Do you long for more closeness and support from one another?
I serve clients across the Province of Ontario, and I have helped hundreds of couples rebuild intimacy, trust and emotional closeness. Begin today by calling now. (519) 568-9917.
HOW I WILL HELP YOU
I specialize in relationship issues. Whether you decide to come alone for individual help or arrange for a couples session with your partner, our sessions will focus on helping in the restoration of safety, trust and emotional connection with your partner. In session, you will explore and learn ways to develop a deeper sense of closeness and connection with your partner, where you both will feel safer and both of you will more easily get your needs met.
Individual Psychotherapy – Do any of the following apply to you?
-Do you have a sense that something isn’t right and that there must be the possibility of more joy, peace, and calm than you’ve ever known?
-Are you experiencing daily or weekly anxiety or depression that can be hard to deal with or debilitating?
-Have you ever experienced trauma or are you having panic or anxiety attacks or PTSD symptoms?
-Have you ever felt like and been bothered by the sense that “nobody gets you?”
-Are you unsure of your sexual orientation or gender? Or, have you experienced homophobia or transphobia from either family, friends, or even strangers? Have you felt shamed about your gender? Has coming out been a difficult, hurtful, alienating, or even horrible experience, due to the reactions of others?
-Do you experience intense emotions that are almost unbearable to live with, or are you unable to make sense of your feelings?
-Or do you feel numb and can’t feel your feelings or can’t identify what you feel?
-Did you immigrate to Canada and it was much harder than you ever thought it would be? Do you feel isolated in your experience as an immigrant or refugee, with nobody to talk with about these difficulties?
-Are your relationships less than satisfying?
-Are you intensely self-critical and would like to learn to like yourself but can’t find any reasons why, or a road map to do so?
-Are you overloaded with a deep sense of guilt or shame and can’t seem to find any way out of it?
-Do you lack self-confidence or self-esteem?
I am here to help. I have helped many hundreds of individuals with these and similar issues.
I am a Registered Psychotherapist and Registered Marriage and Family Therapist who specializes in:
• Relationship concerns
• Couples/marriage counselling
• Parent coaching
• Family therapy
• Individual psychotherapy
• Clinical supervision and consultation for other psychotherapists
As you can see, I focus my practice on a spectrum of relationship issues.
I have worked successfully with clients experiencing the following issues:
• Trauma or attachment issues
• LBGTQ+ issues, including coming out, homophobia and transphobia
• Feeling stressed and overwhelmed
• PTSD (including first-responder issues)
• Anxiety and depression
• Co-parenting issues
• Painful or difficult immigration and refugee processes
• Separation and divorce
• Blended Families issues
• First Nations issues
• Family Relationship issues
• A need for self-improvement and personal Growth
• A need for more assertiveness, boundary setting, and learning to say “no”
I believe that intimate relationships can only be as strong as the emotional bond connecting partners, relatives (given or chosen), or friends. I utilize the latest research and theory in the fields of neuroscience, attachment theory, and couple therapy as they relate to the strengthening of the bonds of love and connection between partners, family members (given or chosen), or other loved ones.
I also utilize both a trauma and attachment lens as I work with individuals. I help individuals to identify important patterns and themes in their lives. I assist individuals with focusing on learning and honouring what’s most important to them.
I am informed by the following therapeutic models and theories:
· Emotionally Focused (Couples) Therapy
· Systems Theory
· Narrative Therapy
· Humanistic Therapy
· Object Relations Theory
· Gottman Model
· Existential Therapy
· Imago Therapy
· Family Systems Therapy
· Feminist Theory
· Grief Therapy
· Satir Therapy
I welcome clients of all: races, ancestries, places of origin, colours, ethnic origins, citizenships, creeds, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, education levels, ages, marital statuses, family statuses, and abilities.
Are you a therapist who's interested in clinical supervision? WHAT I CAN OFFER YOU AS A CLINICAL SUPERVISOR
- I have been providing clinical supervision since 2006
- I have been working as a therapist myself since 2000
- I became an AAMFT /CAMFT Approved Supervisor in 2009
- This involved completing 180 hours of direct supervision. This supervision was, in turn, supervised (I received over 50 hours of said supervision of supervision)
- I have provided clinical supervision to approximately 100 individuals thus far
- I have provided clinical consultations to clinical leaders at family service agencies
- I have worked as a clinical supervisor in a training program for therapist interns (at KW Counselling Services)
- I have supervised many Master's degree students completing practicum placements
- I have taught a number of clinically oriented courses at university Master's degree programs (University of Guelph and Wilfrid Laurier University) since 2007
- I have worked with a large variety of clients. This means that I have a huge breadth of knowledge and experience from which to draw
Some reasons why you might want to seek clinical supervision from me
- You have a busy private practice and sometimes feel isolated and overwhelmed by the amount and difficulty of the clinical work you do
- You are a Registered Psychotherapist (RP) or Registered Psychotherapist qualifying (RPq) who needs to complete hours of supervision in order to meet the supervision requirements of the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- You find yourself frequently doubting your own competence as a therapist and would like to discuss said concerns with somebody who can provide you with wise, sound feedback
- You are interested in reflecting with an experienced therapist about some of the emotional reactions you have when providing clinical service to clients
- You sometimes find yourself stuck with clients you are working with, and wish to provide them with the best service you can offer
- You notice that you tend to struggle with particular clinical themes over and over again, and you would like some help to find new ways of working with said themes/clients
- You have found your experience with another supervisor (or supervisors) dissatisfying. It left you wanting and wishing for something more than you have received
- You simply value clinical excellence and wish to continually improve your clinical skills
If you are still here, thanks so much for taking the time to read my bio. I look forward to working with you.
Garrett LaFosse, M.Sc., RP, RMFT
Virtual sessions by video conference.
I live in Kitchener, Ontario but I also provide service to clients in the rest of Waterloo Region. I provide pandemic-friendly video and telephone service to clients in all of Ontario.
CONTACT ME TODAY
Or visit my website at: https:www.garrettlafosse.com/
Bye for now! : )