Deciding to seek counseling services is, often times, a personal and difficult decision. Finding the right therapist is a daunting task. Once you take the first step and found the proper support, you are on the path of self-discovery and healing. It is the first step towards "figuring it out" or "making a change". When you find yourself feeling stuck or struggling, reaching out is positive and empowering. Looking forward to helping you thrive all the while providingguidance and support on your journey towards achieving your goals.
Major Practice Proficiencies:
- Individual Counseling
- Couple and Marriage Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Children (Ages 6 to 10)
- Preteens (Ages 11 to 13)
- Adolescents/Teenagers (Ages 14-17)
- Elders (Ages 65+)
- Relationship Issues
- Coping Skills
- Family Conflict
- Personal Growth
- Premarital and Marital Therapy
Career and Educations:
- Adjustment Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Mood and Depressive Disorders
- Personality Disorders
Marriage and Family Counseling:
- Career Change/Job Development
- Professional Burnout
- Workplace Issues
- Improve Communication
- Infidelity and Adultery
- Love and Intimacy·
- Parenting Issues
- Separation and/or Divorce
- Family Conflicts
- Pre-marital Counseling
- Marriage and Couples Counseling
- Mixed/Blended Families
- Anger Management
- Behavioral Issues
- Boundaries, Establishing and Maintaining
- Career Counseling
- Child or Adolescent
- Communication Issues and Development Depression
- Forgives of Self and Others
- Identity Issues
- Individual Growth
- Life Coaching
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Peer Relationships
- Relationships and Dating
- School Issues
- Self Esteem
- Trauma and PTSD
- Weight Los
- Women’s Issues
- Stress Management
Special Populations I work With:
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Dialectical (DBT)
- Family Systems
- Group Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Play Therapy
- Sand Play
- Solution Focused (SFBT)
Individuals of all ages looking for personal growth and couples looking to improve their relationships.
Here to provide…
- Tailored sessions assist you to best needs and your goals.
- Creativity for times when talk therapy is not enough and being able to shake things up can help uncover deeper thoughts and feelings.
- Honest feedback and observations to provide you information for you to evaluate and make stronger decisions for your life.
- Genuine Care and Support while listening to your perspective and Empowering you to take the steps that you are ready to take.
- Insight, Education and Experience to help you figure out and understand what works for you to Strengthen yourself and Make the Changes you are seeking.
About Karine Echighian, M.S., LMFT
- Masters of Science in Counseling Psychology, with an emphasis on Marriage and Family Therapy, from California Lutheran University
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology from California State University, Northridge
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist at Karine Echighian, LMFT (DBA: Counseling With Karine); a private practice in Woodland Hills CA.
Marriage and Family Therapist Registered Intern at Lifepath Center for Counseling and Psychotherapy; a private practice under the supervision of a Licensed Clinical Supervisor.
- Provide support and education to children (ages 6+), adolescents (ages 13-17), adults, couples and families. Provided individual and couples’ therapy for clients seeking treatment for a variety of disorders including, but not limited to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Eating Disorders, Gender Identity Disorder, Anger Management, Grief/Bereavement, Chronic Pain Management, Anxiety Disorders, Depressive Disorders, Career Choices, etc.
- Provided individual, couples (including Pre-Marital Counseling) and family therapy for clients seeking treatment for a variety of disorders including, but not limited to Bi-Polar Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Eating Disorders, Self-Injurious Behaviors, Anger Management, Bereavement, Depressive Disorders, Borderline Personality Disorder, etc.
- Facilitated Teen Group for 13-18 years old.
- Facilitate Youth Group for children in 5th-8th grade
Marriage and Family Therapist Registered Intern at Independence Community Treatment Center, under the supervision of a Licensed Clinical Supervisor.
Marriage and Family Therapist Trainee at Community Counseling Parent and Child Study Center, under the supervision of a Licensed Clinical Supervisor.
- Facilitate Substance Abuse and Chemical Dependency Groups
- Provided support and education to individuals with a dual diagnosis including chemical dependency.
- Researched, composed and presented educational handouts on various aspects of chemical dependency and addiction.
- Provided individual and couples’ therapy for clients seeking treatment for a variety of disorders including, but not limited to, Anxiety, Depression, Adjustment Disorder, Narcissistic Personality and Borderline Personality Disorder.
Karine Echighian ReachesWoodland Hills CA