Thanks for clicking my profile!
I love helping people get unstuck and I will work diligently to assist you in identifying the goals that you envision, the strengths that you want to uncover, and the resilience that is already inside of you. I assist couples and individual adults as a professional, non-judgmental resource outside of their usual support system, where they are the center and focus.
As a licensed professional counselor and board certified coach, I maximize my clients’ time by helping them develop balance in their personal and professional lives. I continue to work with the best in my field to bring you cutting-edge information that can change your life!
Working with me includes email support outside of your session at no additional fee, which is not something that you will find most therapists offer. My clients send me emails or text updates outside of sessions, and this allows them to get support when they need it. Research supports that change requires regular exposure to positive, change-based messages.
What I Am Proud of:
My background includes over 22 years of combined experience in psychotherapy, education, coaching, and business, in which I draw from. I have been a guest speaker for the Connecticut Counseling Association and a lecturer at Western (WCSU) and Southern Connecticut State (SCSU) Universities, where I have provided essential mental health training to therapists and educators. I also developed the concept for, co-curated, and presented at the conference, Building Resiliency to Prevent Lethal School Violence that was held at Post University on May 21, 2105. This was the first of its kind conference that brought together professionals from the mental health, education and law enforcement fields.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Masters Degree in Counseling
- Masters Degree in Education
- Emotionally Focused Therapy-Advanced Level, facilitated by George Faller, Greenwich, CT
- Emotionally Focused Therapy- Externship, facilitated by Dr. Sue Johnson, Ackerman Institute, NYC
- Gottman Method Therapy, facilitated by Drs. John and Julie Schwartz-Gottman
- Sex Therapy-ongoing AASECT Certified education: Institute for Sexuality, Education, and Enlightenment, Massachusetts, and NYCEFT Conference, NYC
- Completed Discernment Counseling training, Dr. Bill Doherty
- Board Certified Coach (BCC)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Connecticut State Department of Education: School Counselor and Teacher Certification
How I Give Back to the Public and to My Profession:
As a member of the Connecticut Counseling Association’s, Public Policy and Legislation Committee (PPLC), I provide testimony in Hartford, CT, to support legislative advocacy for LPC’s and important issues affecting mental health policies in Connecticut.
- Discussion of feelings, while learning tools to help you break your cycle
- Affair Recovery Specialist
- Sex Therapy & intimacy issues
- Resentment & Communication Breakdowns
Since I also specialize in Couples Therapy, I can address the whole picture to help a couple understand how sex and intimacy issues may be affecting the greater dynamic.
I work carefully and respectfully with couples and individuals regarding issues of: sexual desire and functioning, guilt about sex, low sex drive, erectile problems, mismatched sexual desire, inability to orgasm, hormonal issues, infidelity, sexually transmitted diseases, sexual trauma, perimenopause and menopause, chronic pain, identify how medications and/or legal or illegal drugs affect sex, identify the effect of drinking excessively, smoking, and/or lack of exercise and sex, and to identify how a major medical event can affect sexual functioning, including: diabetes, surgery, cancer, etc.
Contemplation of Separation and/or Divorce
- Moving forward after divorce
- Anxiety, Depression and Loneliness
- Relationship Struggles & Family of Origin issues
- Loss of Purpose
- Mind-Body-Nutrition Connection
- Stress: increasing coping skills and management of stress
I am a Board Certified Coach from the Center for Credentialing and Education. The BCC is a mark of excellence in the field of professional coaching. As your Coach, we will partner on setting goals and determining objectives to meet these goals using powerful tools and techniques that build on your current strengths. I draw inspiration from disciplines that include leadership training, career counseling, psychology, positive development, and mentoring.
My Office is Distinctive and Therapeutic:
I believe that part of the therapy and coaching process is having a session and waiting room that is motivating, stylish, non-clinical, and healing.
My office is conveniently located at 100B Danbury Road, Suite 201D, Ridgefield, CT (building is behind Union Savings Bank, Building B, on Route 35, about 15 minutes from the Danbury Mall). Nearby, there is a gentle walking path around a pond at the Ridgefield Rec Center and shopping and dining in Ridgefield's quaint downtown.
I have been married for twenty-five years and have two children, one in fourth grade and a sophomore in college. I enjoy comedy, nature, the arts, travel, and films with friends and family.
I’m looking forward to connecting with you to discuss how to successfully get the changes that you want in your life.
LPC, NCC, BCC