Sometimes a hot cup of coffee is the best way to start a conversation.
Often called the “Coffee & Conversation Counsellor” I believe that having a real conversation and getting to know you is the first step to healing. And I want to know about you. The real you. The messy you. The you that maybe no one else ever sees.
You. Your mental health, your relationships, your goals, your therapy.
At Coverdale Counselling & Consulting, your needs are put first. Whether you are a new mother experiencing the challenges of postpartum depression, a caring professional struggling with burnout and compassion fatigue, or a seasoned athlete struggling to meet your peak performance goal, I am here to help you.
With an eclectic approach that tailors therapy to meet the needs of each individual, we will work together to uncover the best you.
Stepping into my office, you'll be greeted with soothing colours and an offer of coffee (I do love coffee). We will chat and get to know each other in the first session and really dig into what you hope to get out of therapy.
A good fit is critical to the therapeutic relationship and over that first cup of joe, we'll figure out how best to proceed - collaboration in therapy is a great way to ensure you have the tools you need to be successful outside the counselling session.
Interest areas in my practice include:
- Sport & Mental Performance
- Compassion Fatigue/Professional Burnout
- Maternal Mental Health/Women’s Issues
- Adolescent/Teen Girls
- Christian Counselling
- Relational Trauma
- Chronic Pain
Additionally, I offer distance counselling (also called e-counselling, web-counselling, video counselling, or online counselling) via a privacy compliant, secure video conferencing service. This service is ideal for those who are unable to make traditional face-to-face (F2F) counselling sessions.
I'm really excited about some of the groups we have running. Group therapy can be a great addition to your individual counselling.
Call or email to learn about group programs offered.
A little about me...
EducationMaster of Arts in Counselling Psychology, Yorkville University
Bachelor of Arts, Acadia University
- Theories of Personality, Counselling Methodologies, Ethical Standards, Cultural Diversity, Counselling for Health & Wellness, Biopsychosocial Approach to Counselling, Behavioural & Cognitive Modalities, Psychodynamic & Humanistic Modalities, Counselling Skills & Competencies, Research Methodology, Group Counselling, Psychological Assessment, Marriage & Family Systems, Cybercounselling, and Crisis & Trauma in Counselling
Diploma in Adventure Recreation, New Brunswick Community College
Adult Education, University of New Brunswick
Professional Memberships & Associations
- Canadian Counselling & Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
- Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists (OACCPP)
- Canadian Society for Psychomotor Learning and Sport Psychology (SCAPPS)
- Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP)
- Association of Experiential Education (AEE)
- International Society for Mental Health Online (ISMHO)
- Association for Women in Psychology (AWP)
- International Society for Sports Psychiatry (ISSP)
- Association of Biblical Counselors (ABC)
- American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
You've already decided that you want to change - contact me today to find out how I can help