About Lesley Vaters
Lesley is a Registered Clinical Counsellor in St. John's and member in good standing with the BCACC. Her training and education includes a Bachelor's Degree (BA) from the University of Waterloo and a Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology (MACP) from Yorkville University. She has spent the last decade working with adults and children in a number of capacities including counselling, social development and child behavioral modification.
- Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology (MACP)
- Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC)
- Mental Health First Aid
- Greif and Bereavement Counselling Certificate
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Crisis Prevention Intervention
- Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
Lesley brings with her a wealth of knowledge in the areas of mental health, addictions, marriage and family, suicide prevention, spiritual care, stress management and behavior management.
Lesley provides a relaxed, non-judgmental environment where individuals in St. John's Newfoundland can share and discuss the various aspects of their life. She provides a safe and welcoming environment where people are treated with respect for their individuality and personal beliefs. She believes in using a holistic approach in which clients feel that their needs are important and matter. Lesley believes that counselling is a team approach in which the client feels that their opinion regarding their treatment plan is valued and important to their overall wellness.
Face-to-Face in St. John's, NL
Lesley currently operates Bright Path Counselling. Located conveniently at 40 Commonwealth Avenue in Suite 112, her office provides a relaxing and confidential place for individuals, couples and families who reside in and around the greater St. John's region.
From Anywhere via Telephone or Webcam
Individuals and couples outside of the metro St. John's area often take advantage of e-counselling services offered by Lesley, which include telephone and Skype web video. This option also works great for busy professionals in Newfoundland.
Areas of Practice
- Marriage and Couples
- Grief and Loss
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Family Relationships
- Anger Management
- Separation and Divorce
- Children and Adolescents
- Coping with Infertility
- Personal Growth and Wellness
- Mental Health
- Stress management
- Anxiety and Panic
Benefits of Counselling
- Improve communication with loved ones
- Create more harmonious relationships
- Understanding your own thoughts and actions
- Resolve conflict effectively
- Find support in times of crisis and trauma
- Processing major life changes
- Identifying personal goals
- Develop skills to reduce stress and anxiety
- Improve your self-worth
- Find greater peace of mind and happiness
- Break free from addictions
- Express your feelings related to past events
- Registered Clinical Counselor
- Location: 40 Commonweath Avenue, Suite 112, Mount Pearl, Newfoundland, A1N 1W6
- Phone: 709-689-8677
- Email: Send An Email To Lesley Now.
- Session Fees: Individual $140 / Couples $160 / Families $160 :: per 50 minute session.
- Website: www.brightpathcounselling.com
Lesley Vaters ReachesSt Johns NL