I have witnessed the extreme pains and the profound joys that life has to offer all of us. I have lived them, and I have supported my clients through them. Through my clients, I have met some of the strongest, most capable people I think I'll ever meet. They continue to amaze me with their personal growth and integrity.
Usually, when a new client makes that first phone call to me, they find it difficult to see a way past their pain or problem. I work with them, exploring some of their options and giving them information they might not have known before. I sometimes ask them to make small adjustments and watch their results carefully. Then we build on what is working. Soon we begin to see more solutions than problems. Hopes return. Moods lift. Relationships improve. Smiles come more frequently. Peace arrives. What a beautiful process!
But... I know, for some of you, making that first phone call can be uncomfortable -- maybe even frightening. My advice to you...
- Keep in mind that I want to be helpful, not hurtful. I will help you through that first conversation.
- You are not obligated to anything if you call me. If you just want information, then let me know that and I'll do my best to answer your questions. If you are on the fence about counseling, let me know that and we'll have a short 'get to know you' conversation. That way you can see if you feel comfortable talking to me.
- Remember that you don't have to make an appointment. You are welcome to tell me if you need more time to think about it. I will happily respect that.
That's the beauty of it... you are always in charge of how the process goes. I honor your wishes and will treat you with respect and dignity.
For others of you, this process is very familiar and you are quite comfortable from the start. That's great! I love it. Let's get to work.
What my clients say
The feedback I receive from my clients is valuable to me. Since I work with my clients' best interests in mind, I am interested in their views of their experiences with me. Some of the things my clients say about me are that I'm:
- compassionate and caring
- practical and realistic
- patient and even-tempered
- someone they wish they could meet for coffee
- thoughtful, respectful, and non-judgmental
- good at what I do
- helpful and encouraging
I am grateful for their feedback and I value them as well.
My Qualifications (Professional)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the state of South Dakota
- Distance Credentialed Counselor (DCC)
- Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist (CCH)
- Masters of Art (MA) in Counseling
Relevant Life Experiences (Personal)
- Married, divorced, then remarried
- 3 children -- 2 parent, then single parent, then blended step-parent into household
- Empty nest, then a dog , adult-adult relationships with children
- Aging parents
I think you get the picture. I am a human being with some life experiences similar to your own. I did not have the picture perfect life, nor would I call it a bad life. It's just life. We deal with what we can, and we use the resources available to us when we need them. Counseling is one of those resources. I'd be glad to help you when you need it.
Linda Richardson ReachesBeresford SD