I know what it's like to see a therapist.
- I was diagnosed with dysthymia (long-term depression) in my twenties. I was in my third year of teaching art in a middle school, but I was very unhappy. I tried many different therapy modalities and worked with several therapists and then I heard a lecture by the late Mr. Sydney Banks at UC Berkely, where I met therapists and psychologists and MD's attending his lectures.
- It opened up a whole new world, I never felt the level of relief before as I did from Mr. Banks description of our Innate Health and well-being. I had been searching for something that was already inside of me and inside of everyone else on the planet!
- I knew I had to learn as much as I could from Mr Banks and share it with as many people as I could so I enrolled in Graduate School and completed the necessary course work.
I graduated with a Masters degree in 1978 from Lesley University. I left my job as an art teacher and I completed 4500 supervised hours, after graduation, to practice in the state of California, which at the time and still is, one of the most demanding states in terms of Internship hours. I have worked in many settings, including hospitals, alcohol and drug treatment centers, community mental health settings, as well as private practice. In 1985 I moved to Florida in order to complete a post-graduate Internship at The Advanced Human Studies Institute in Coral, Gables, FL which was the only training Inst. in this approach at the time, in order to learn how to teach people about the three Principles: Mind, Thought and Consciousness that work together to give us all an experience of life.
In 1994 I enrolled in another post-graduate training with Dr George Pransky. I have found this approach to be enormously helpful in accessing a healthy thought process which positively affects behavior and emotional states and supports a natural resiliency. It may sound complicated, but it's really so simple and so natural once you see it. There is now a plethora of therapists worldwide using this approach solely in their practice which you can find here: www.3PGC.org. There are many resources, as well as research papers on the efficacy of this approach here: https://realchange.info/resources/
I was so impressed by the insights my clients were having that I kept a notebook of their stories, many of which were used in the book, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1896124704?pf_rd_p=c2945051-950f-485c-b4df-15aac5223b10&pf_rd_r=2ZYJ5W82F8EPTT8MKCKW
Also available in iBooks and soon to be out in Audible.
For more information, please visit my website: www.3PrinciplesTherapy.com
Webinar on May 23rd, 2019 at noon eastern time:
Impersonal Love is Exquisite. It is the deepest love of all. Knowing where this comes from has helped millions of people around the world. This is what we will be sharing with you in our upcoming webinar on May 23rd at noon eastern time. See below for Zoom details.
Without this understanding, people go through life expecting to get love from someone other than themselves. This fallacy leads to common misunderstandings in relationships:
- The idea that you have to chase after love
- The expectation that your partner act a certain way
- The belief that love can die
We hope you will join us as we reveal the truth about love - the best-kept secret that has to be shared - because people suffer needlessly without this understanding.
Laurie Holmes is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Love and Bliss with Lori Carpenos
Time: May 23, 2019 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,4504031547# US (New York)
+16699006833,,4504031547# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 450 403 1547
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aeih9bqYgA
Lori Carpenos ReachesWest Hartford CTFarmington CT