- Would you like to rediscover the intimate, close connection, and vital relationship you once had?
Or deepen a good relationship that has stood the test of time, but lacks a heart-felt connection?- Do you still love each other, but argue all the time, and end up feeling hurt and lonely? - Do you want to improve your communication, and stop the cycle of blame?
- Have abuse or other traumas left you stuck in the past?
- Are you feeling lonely and disconnected from your partner?
- Have you lost a loved one and are not sure how to deal with it?
Then you have come to the right place! In her successful private practice since 1997, Lorill has helped individuals and couples achieve fulfilling and joyful lives in spite of their past experiences. Lorill's expertise includes:
- Marriage counselling - de-escalating those repetitive arguments that just add hurt to injury; increasing mutual appreciation and respect; developing a more positive relationship
- Couple communication and connection - mentoring couples in having more intimate conversations, and in making it safe to open up, resulting in a more secure attachment
- Recovery from childhood abuse - physical, sexual, emotional, as well as the emotional neglect that often accompanies abuse
- Emotional trauma - from divorce, death of a loved one, car or workplace accident, flashbacks to previous frightening events
- Assault victims - rape, physical or emotional attack
- Burn-out from work stress or being overwhelmed in juggling work, family, and home responsibilities
Lorill has honed her couple therapy skills, and continues to increase her effectiveness in bringing you a positive outcome in your work with her. Some couples who've been on the brink of separation have said that they were falling in love again after working with Lorill. Through her work, Lorill guides couples to transform from one person being anxiously critical and lonely, and the other avoiding and shutting down, to a safer stronger connection. Lorill creates a safe space for partners to risk changes to these patterns. She fosters a more positive interaction cycle, which helps each person to expand their own experience of the relationship and themselves.
After completing her Master's degree in Counselling at McGill University, Lorill worked for 7 years in the Social Services with couples, single mothers, families, and children. This gave her experience with a broad range of people, with both emotional and interpersonal problems. Lorill has always continued her professional development, and has focused her counselling on working with adults. She has taught college counselling courses (at Wild Rose College in Vancouver, and Kwantlen College), and has worked in career planning. In her private practice, Lorill has helped individuals and couples to achieve their goals of healing their past so they can live more wholeheartedly today.
Lorill is a mature, well rounded therapist who creates a safe, supportive therapy environment.
Education: Master of Education in Counselling from McGill University
Certified Therapist in Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy
Therapist Certified in EMDR (treatment for trauma)
Registered Clinical Counsellor (member of BC Association of Clinical Counsellors)
Call or e-mail Lorill today for a free 10 minute phone consultation.
Current fees: $190 initial session of 90 minutes, and for ongoing 90 minute couples therapy.
$140 for regular 60 minute individual sessions.