Dr. Remy Nelson, PhD, is committed to providing compassion, competence, and support to help you through your problems, challenges for a meaningful, purposeful, and empowering life.
Dr. REMY NELSON CAN HELP YOU WITH:
- depression problems
- anxiety issues
- anger management
- couples therapy
- grief and bereavement
- assertive communication skills
BENEFITS OF THERAPY WITH REMY NELSON:
- improving self-esteem and self-worth
- overcoming depression and anxiety
- better and effective management of anger
- increasing self-confidence and feeling of empowerment
- improving relationship with self and others
- developing assertive communication skills
Dr. REMY NELSON USES THESE THERAPIES TO HELP:
- Counseling: to help you with your current problems or crisis in a safe, competent, and supportive environment
- DBT (Dialectic Behavior Therapy): to help improve your emotional and cognitive abilities
- regulations by teaching you to live in the moment and finding ways to improve the moment
- CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy): to help you recognize and change self-sabotaging patterns and behaviors that keep you stuck.
- Hypnotherapy: to help you attain a relaxed, trance state, which usually facilitates the resolution of problems quicker
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing): to help you if you suffer from PTSD, trauma,
- anxiety, panic, disturbing memories, or other emotional problems.
- If you are struggling financially, a sliding scale is possible on a case-by-case basis
- Ph.D. (Barry University)
- Master’s (Florida Atlantic University)
- Master of Divinity (Lutheran Theological Seminary at Philadelphia)
- Trained in EMDR
- Trained in Hypnosis
- Trained in Dialectic Behavior Therapy
- Trained in Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor
More about me: My past challenges and work with others in challenging situations compelled me to create Empowered Life Counseling. I am at best a student of life and of my clients, whom I strive to understand so that I can be a better helper to them, providing the best care to suit their unique needs. Prior to becoming a psychotherapist, I was a hospice chaplain for 16 years. Applying past experiences to my therapy practice, I bring a unique perspective and set of skills, which qualifies me to help clients to handle a variety of challenges including anxiety, depression, grief, and relationship issues, self-esteem, assertive communication skills, and others.
I am trained in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Hypnosis, EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing), Dialectic Behavior Therapy (DBT), and other approaches. I am here to help you explore the possibility of living a meaningful, purposeful, and empowered life, and my biggest reward is the thrill of knowing that you are getting what you want in therapy and feeling better about yourself and your situations. I value diverse cultures and appreciate the fact that people are unique. I am culturally competent and serving a diverse clientele.
Dr. Remy Nelson, PhD ReachesCoconut Creek FL