Whether you are dealing with an internal struggle, a relationship problem or an external challenge, a collaborative alliance with a professional counselor can help you learn more effective ways of thinking, feeling and relating that are congruent with your personal strengths, desires and goals.
My approach to serving clients draws upon several perspectives. A family systems orientation views helps individuals view their role in larger relational systems, while learning to be less emotionally reactive and more thoughtfully responsive to the cyclical dynamics of those systems. "Imago" techniques cultivate the practice of calm, empathetic dialogues which foster the exchange of thoughtful and affirming words. Being curious, bold, and embracing the joy of the hunt for one’s calling can lead to gratifying employment and a meaningful career.
Families and individuals who are dealing with the effects of substance abuse seem to benefit from my clinical experience in dual-diagnosis treatment settings, family therapy training, and coordination of care with other treatment providers. Career counseling clients seem to benefit from my multi-disciplinary background (human resources and mental health supported by two master’s degrees), experience enacting two major career transitions, and a pragmatic, goal-directed approach to managing one’s career journey.
- Trained in "Imago" couples counseling techniques
- Certified facilitator with the Prepare/Enrich relationship assessment tool.
- LCPC license in Maryland (#LC4164)
- Approved Clinical Supervisor for Maryland LGPCs
- NCC accreditation with the National Board of Certified Counselors.
- BA degrees in English and Psychology, M.S. in Business, M.S. in Counseling Psychology
- Active collaboration with other therapists in several practice settings
Robert Castle ReachesBaltimore MD