About Shawn Thomas Berthel, M.S., LCMHC
I am a Mental Health Counselor in private practice in Tacoma, WA. I have been in practice since 2013, and in private practice since 2016. My office is located on the second floor of a multi-business secured building in a private space setting. If you have challenges walking on stairs, arrangements can be made to meet in a conference room for your session. Every effort will be made offer you a comfortable space to discuss your issues, in a supportive environment. The counseling opportunity I provide my clients, is done from a place of mutual respect and unconditional positive regard. So that no matter where you come from or where has taken you, the issues you present in therapy are treated with sensitivity. I also use humor in my practice work (appropriately, of course). I think laughter is good for us at times when stress is at our highest, so you may find it useful from time to time. I provide services to clients age 6 years and up, for many issues. Some of these are the following:
- Stress issues
- Marital/Couple Counseling
- Grief & Loss
- Career Issues
This is not a complete list. The areas represented are a sampling of those worked on with clients in counseling.
- Individual Counseling
- Marriage/Couple Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Clinical assessments and reports based on those assessments as needed.
Special Client Interests:
- Senior age clients
- Military Veterans
- LGBTQ clients
How I Can Help You:
- Develop strategies for coping with stressful issues.
- Examine root causes of the emotional or mental challenges you are experiencing.
- Empower you to make changes in your life.
- Washington state Licensed [Clinical] Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC) - # LH60656550
- MS degree (w/ Honors) - Mental Health Counseling from Capella University, September 2012.
- BS degree - Philosophy from Excelsior College, May 2006.
- Capella University: “Graduation with Distinction” [Graduate Honors] (4.00 GPA)
- Capella University: President's List (multiple quarters).
- Chi Sigma Iota – Counseling Academic & Professional Honor Society International (Life Member)
- National Dean's List [Publication] (1999 - 2005)
- Psi Beta National Honor Society
- Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society
Please explore my practice website to see more about my practice work, blog, and other informative content. My services can be paid for by check or card, and also through insurance (if I am contracted with it). Payment plans are also available to you, to help manage the cost of your counseling services. Please feel free to inquire directly with any questions.
Shawn Berthel ReachesLakewood WATacoma WA