Shohreh Schmuecker, LMFT is a Somatic Psychotherapist offering online therapy for Women in all stages of life.
Somatic Psychotherapy for Women
Being witnessed, understood and seen with kindness and compassion can be
very healing and powerful. We all need support in life, therapy is a
great way to get that help and further strengthen the support you
already have. I can support you in the following areas:
- Caregiver Fatigue
- Chronic Illness
- Communication and Emotional Boundaries
- Coping Skills
- Compassion Fatigue
- Divorce and Separation
- Life Transitions
- Moving/Recent Relocation/Geographical Change
- Racial and Cultural Identity
- Relationship Issues (Individual work)
- Relaxation Techniques
- Spiritual Identity
In sessions with you, I may use the following approaches:
- Somatic Psychology - Somatic Psychotherapy is therapy that focuses on the mind-body
connection. In addition to traditional talk therapy, I utilize Somatic
Psychotherapy, supporting you in increasing your body awareness, supporting you in integrating your feelings and emotions with your physiological responses, and holding your experience holistically.
- Psychodynamic -
In addition to working to overcome the specific difficulties you're dealing with now, we'll also look at what's going
on beneath the surface, and how patterns and expectations developed in the past (in your childhood, past relationships, and/or past circumstances) might be influencing your current relationships, thoughts and/or behaviors.
- Focusing on the "here-and now"- In session, I use mindfulness, awareness, meditations, movement, and/or body tracking to bring you into the present moment as appropriate.
- Trauma Informed- I can support you in feeling grounded and help find tools and resources that you can potentially use inside and outside of session. I hold the neuroscience perspective of the mind body connection and use that to inform clients.
- Offering Online Therapy: HIPAA Compliant Telehealth secure video through Simple Practice that offers easier access to care. I am licensed in California and can see clients that reside in California. At this time, I do not offer in-person/in-office sessions.
- Free 15 minute phone consultation: Scheduling an introductory phone call allows you the opportunity to ask
questions, discuss what your needs are and get a sense of my working
style. To schedule a free 15 minute initial consultation
via phone, please visit https://therapywithshohreh.clientsecure.me/ to book now.
I look forward to speaking with you, so you
can get a sense of the work that we can do together.
Shohreh Schmuecker ReachesLafayette CA