NOW ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS!
In-Person and Virtual Sessions Available
I believe abundant living is available for every person, no matter their personal, professional, mental health, or relationship challenges. I am dedicated to providing you with the highest level of care.
With me, you will find a place to heal from past hurts,
receive help in present struggles,
and find hope for the future.
For change to occur, it is necessary to form and experience a trusting, emotionally safe relationship with your therapist and, in the context of that relationship, to increase your awareness of self, challenge assumptions, learn new skills, establish appropriate boundaries in relationships with others, and let go of pain from the past. My task is to assist you in this process.
I also know that the decision to enter counselling is often difficult. I am committed to making your entry into treatment as stress-free as possible. I will be glad to answer any questions you may have about the counselling process, my education, training and specialization, and my experience. This can be done in a
FREE, 15-minute phone call or video consultation.
And no, there is never an obligation to continue services with me if you determine I am not a good fit.
I WORK WITH:
- Family systems
BENEFITS OF COUNSELLING FOR INDIVIDUALS:
- Decrease depression and anxiety
- Improve self-esteem and self-confidence
- Strengthen healthy relationship boundaries
- Process trauma
- Learn anger management techniques
- Work through grief and lossOvercome addictions (drug, alcohol, sex, gambling, etc.)
BENEFITS OF COUNSELLING FOR COUPLES:
- Strengthen a stagnant marriage
- Improve communication
- Hedge against divorce
- Recover from an affair
- Learn effective conflict resolution
BENEFITS OF COUNSELLING FOR CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS:
- Improve emotion recognition and regulation
- Decrease problem behaviours
- Improve academic performance
- Recover from childhood trauma
- Learn coping skills for anxiety
BENEFITS OF COUNSELLING FOR PARENTS & FAMILIES:
- Improve parenting strategies
- Decrease relationship conflict
- Improve communication
- Navigating divorce and separation
- Reunification from separation
THERAPIES I USE:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Gottman Emotion Coaching for parents and children
- all from a Person-Centred approach, because you are the expert on your experiences. As such, you can expect a lot of empathy and reflective listening, with the occasional gentle challenge.
MY EDUCATION, LICENSING, CERTIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Registered Counselling Therapist-Candidate (RCT-C) with the Nova Scotia College of Counselling Therapists
- Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Associate Member of the Canadian Association for Marriage and Family TherapyGotman Method Couples Therapy (Level Two)
- Individual Counselling: $125/hour ($140 for 1.5-hour intake)
- Couples or Family Counselling: $135/hour ($150 for 1.5-hour intake)
- Check with your insurance policy to see if you are covered!
Entering counselling therapy is a big step toward a brighter tomorrow, and I count it a great privilege and responsibility to help you along the way. If you have any questions or concerns about entering counselling services with me, don’t hesitate to reach out.
36 Brookshire Court, Suite 200
Bedford, Nova Scotia B4A 4E9
Tyler Hoyt ReachesHalifax NS