Are you struggling with the same old issues, over and over?
Is there a crisis or loss which is causing difficulty?
Has your life become lack-luster and uninspired?
I can help you with that.
About Marilyn Sundeen R.C.C.:Life can be challenging. Perhaps you have reached a crossroads in life where you know you need to make some changes. Perhaps you have been struggling with the same issue for a long time and need a fresh approach to get you going again. Perhaps your relationships are becoming more and more difficult or problematic. Or perhaps your own life seems lack-luster and you miss a sense of joy and aliveness. I can help with these and many more areas that may be of concern.
I offer deep compassion to you and an ability to listen with both my heart and mind. We can form a partnership where we work together to get you to where you want to go; to that place where your heart soars again. I am committed to my own personal work and to on-going education and professional development. I have been trained in and use a variety of approaches in looking at your concerns and may invite you to try a fresh perspective on an old problem. Generally, I try to look underneath the issue and see what gives rise to the problem feeling like it is a knot. To do that I look at the many factors that are involved in keeping it going.
- Our work begins with sitting down in my comfortable, warm office and initiating the process of forming a partnership that will serve you. This is as very important step. You are important to me and I want you to feel comfortable at all times.
- I will bring deep compassion and kindness to your situation. I will fully listen so I can hear all of what you are saying. Throughout my life friends and colleagues have said I was the first person who "got it" when they spoke of their problems.
- I will honour your goals, your hopes, your fears and I will treat you with respect and dignity at all times. That is a commitment from me.
- We will work at a pace that feels comfortable and safe for you. There may be times when I offer suggestions and/or invite you to consider new ideas. The bottom line is always your level of comfort.
2016 - Certificate in Healing Shame (BCACC)
2012 - Current Registered Member of BCACC (British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors)2012 - Certificate in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, EMDRIA
2011 - Master of Counselling, City University of Seattle,
2006 - Certificate in Counselling Skills, COSCA (Counselling & Psychotherapy in Scotland),
1986 - Bachelor of Arts, with Distinction, Brock University, St. Catharines, Ont.
I look forward to meeting you!
- Trauma and Abuse (currently employed at a non-profit society for survivors of historical trauma and abuse)
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions
- Couples and Relationships of all types (Work-related, GBLT)
Marilyn Sundeen ReachesColwood BC