Are you struggling with the same old issues, over and over?
Is there a crisis or loss which is causing difficulty?
Are there difficulties with your relationships that you cannot seem to solve? These are some of the issues I have helped client's with in the past.
Life can be challenging for all of us. In these and many more life areas it can be very beneficial to talk to someone who has experience in helping others with the same struggles. To come for counselling shows you are courageous and committed to your future. Counselling might involve looking at the issue from a different perspective. We will work at the pace that is comfortable to you; you set the goals and the timing. In doing so you will gain a deeper understanding of the issue, as well as skills to help you reach that goal.
About Marilyn Sundeen R.C.C.:I offer deep compassion to you and an ability to listen with both my heart and mind. We can form a partnership where we work together to get you to where you want to go; to that place where your heart soars again. I am committed to my own personal work and to on-going education and professional development. I have been trained in and use a variety of approaches in looking at your concerns and may invite you to try a fresh perspective on an old problem. Generally, I try to look underneath the issue and explore some of the issues that originally created the problem.
- Our work begins with sitting down in my comfortable, warm office and initiating the process of forming a partnership that will serve you. This is as very important step. You are important to me and I want you to feel comfortable at all times.
- I will bring deep compassion and kindness to your situation. I will fully listen so I can hear all of what you are saying. Throughout my life friends and colleagues have said I was the first person who "got it" when they spoke of their problems.
- I will honour your goals, your hopes, your fears and I will treat you with respect and dignity at all times. That is a commitment from me.
- We will work at a pace that feels comfortable and safe for you. There may be times when I offer suggestions and/or invite you to consider new ideas. The bottom line is always your level of comfort.
2016 - Certificate in Healing Shame (BCACC)
2012 - Current Registered Member of BCACC (British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors)2012 - Certificate in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, EMDRIA
2011 - Master of Counselling, City University of Seattle,
2006 - Certificate in Counselling Skills, COSCA (Counselling & Psychotherapy in Scotland),
1986 - Bachelor of Arts, with Distinction, Brock University, St. Catharines, Ont.
I look forward to meeting you!
- Trauma and Abuse (currently employed at a non-profit society for survivors of historical trauma and abuse)
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions
- Couples and Relationships of all types (Work-related, GBLT)
Marilyn Sundeen ReachesColwood BC