Major Practice Proficiencies
- Individual Counseling
- Marriage and Family
- Group Counseling
- DSM-V Diagnosis & Treatment
- Crisis Intervention / Trauma
- Teenagers And Young Adults
- Special Needs Individuals
- Alcohol and Drug Addictions
- Sexual Addiction
- Other Addictions
- Child Abuse
- Domestic Abuse
- Molestation Recovery & Healing
- Rape Recovery
- Adjustment Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Developmental Disorders
- Mood and Depressive Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Substance Disorders
Career and Education
- Career Change / Job Development
- Learning Difficulties
- Professional Burnout
- Workplace Issues
Marriage and Family Counseling
- Adolescents / Teens
- Children and Childhood Development
- Communication Between Spouses
- Family Conflicts, Resolving
- Love and Intimacy
- Marriage and Couples Counseling
Medical and Health
- Chronic and Terminal Illnesses
- Chronic Pain, Managing and Living With
- Meditation and Spiritual Awareness
- Aggression / Hostility
- Anger and Anger Management
- Anxiety / Worry
- Boundaries, Establishing and Maintaining
- Communication Issues and Development
- Control Issues
- Finances and Debt, Managing and Overcoming
- Grief and Loss
- Individual Growth
- Midlife Transition
- Multicultural Issues and Adjustments
- Obsessions and Obsessive Behavior
- Panic and Panic Attacks
- Phobias and Fears
- Stress Management
- Special Needs / Disability
- Trauma / Crisis Intervention
- Art Therapy
- Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Therapy
- Exposure Therapy
- Family Systems
- Gestalt Therapy
- Grief Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Rogerian Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Social Learning
- Systems Therapy
Special Populations I Work With
I love working with everybody who comes to me. I feel a close connection with all of them. I work toward efficient and rapid, yet complete. return to normal life.
1) Addiction, alcohol and substance abuse.
2) Victim's of Crime. Trauma, assault, DV, sexual assault.
3) Special Needs Children; Autistic, Downs, CP, MS, oppositional, at risk.
4) Chronic pain; Arthritis, injury, fybromiagia, neuralgia, nerve damage.
5) Creative careers. Writers, Actors, Musicians, Writer's block, Career Anxiety, Burnout, Longevity, Unemployment.
Victim's of Violent Crime, including abused children, domestic violence victims, children who witness domestic violence. Victims of street violence, gang violence, theft, molestation, sexual asault.
Children with developmental delays, autism, speech, learning delays, oppositional children, children who "act out," miss curfew, skip class, or use illegal substances.
Clients who are addicted (alcohol - heroin). Sex addicts, Sex and love addicts, underachievers anonymous, and debtors anonymous.
Married couples with intimacy problems, communication problems, needing sex tharapy, porn addiction, infidelity,
anger, domestic violence.
Families with difficult children. Restoring order and hierarchy using family systems theory. Family dynamics which have made a child or parent a "scapegoat" for other problems.
As a lifetime screenwriter and Writer's Guild Member I have a personal understanding of creative blocks, career anxieties and depression,the effect of being in a high stress job on spouses and families.
I've worked successfully with writers, artists, actors, designers, producers and others in various creative fields.