Deanne has 10+ years providing individual, family and couples therapy. She has worked with adolescents, young adults and adults. Deanne received a Masters of Social Work Degree with Clinical Specialization from the University of Calgary in 2005. Since then, she has received a broad range of experience, hundreds of hours of clinical supervision and extensive post graduate training to elevate her skills as a therapist.
Deanne customizes a treatment plan and targets interventions to meet your individualized goals and fit with your unique personality. Her warm, empathetic and non judgemental approach helps you to feel safe in session. She aims to develop a therapeutic relationship in which you feel completely heard and understood. She believes that problematic patterns and unhealthy coping develop for a reason, often to keep you feeling safe and to protect you from painful emotions. However, these ways of coping (such as pushing people away, not letting people in, using alcohol or drugs, to name a few), eventually start to create their own problems in one’s life. Deanne recognizes that being present with your emotions, letting go of unhealthy ways of coping and making any change is difficult, to say the least. She supports you in learning to cultivate self compassion and self acceptance while also encouraging you to make changes and engage in the brave and vulnerable work of personal growth. Deanne can assist you in seeing your old problems from different angle and this new perspective can help you to discover new solutions and get you unstuck.
Deanne can help you to:
- improve your relationships
- reduce you anxiety and improve your ability to cope with life
- improve your relationship with food and with your body
- reduce the impact of a past traumatic experiences and emotional injury
- understand and deal with strong emotions
- explore your addiction and the role they are playing in your life
- reduce your suffering
Deanne draws on the following approaches (among others) to help you:
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) - which uses eye movements to process past trauma and to reduce the painful emotions around past events.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) - to understand harmful patterns in your relationships and identify underlying attachment needs and emotions.
- Dialectic Behavioural Therapy (DBT) - develop skills and utilize mindfulness to enhance distress tolerance, emotional regulation and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) - to identify unhelpful thoughts and how they impact behaviours and emotions.
Rates/Payment: Sessions are $170/hour and a receipt is provided after payment that you can submit to your insurance company. A sliding scale is offered when eligible, starting at $130/hour based on household income.
Location(s): At the Cochrane Counselling Centre, located in Sunset Landing (Suite 3213 101 Sunset Dr. Cochrane, AB T4C 0W7) and Downtown Calgary.
Hours:Thursdays 12:30 - 4:30 in Cochrane
Friday 12 - 5 in Cochrane
Saturday 8:30 - 12:30 in Cochrane
Monday 12 - 4:30 in Calgary
Contact Deanne to book your first appointment and take that first step towards healing.
Deanne Elsner ReachesCochrane AB