Through counseling, Jamie Smiertelny offers a warm, supportive, nonjudgmental, nurturing setting in which her clients feel safe to explore any issue, along with having the freedom to grow. She provides an empathetic space to heal. Her approach involves providing individuals with the tools they need to make their world the best place it can be so they can succeed and live their best lives. Jamie will meet you where you are and will work from that point forward.
At Foundations Counseling, Jamie Smiertelny works with a wide variety of clients who may be seeking services that include:
- Children, Adolescents, and Teens – self-esteem and self-worth issues, suicidal ideation, anxiety, depression, school and family issues, body image, creative therapies including art, movement, play therapy
- Mental Health and Wellness – severe anxiety, bipolar disorder, sexual and gender identity issues, self-care, eating disorders
- Relationship and Couples Counseling – communication, codependency, parent-child interactions, boundaries, dating and breakups
- Relationship Dynamics – conflict resolution, family relationships, school problems
- Individual Counseling – empowerment, stress, social anxiety, perfectionism, panic attacks, sexual abuse
Jamie Smiertelny received both a Bachelor of Social Work Degree and a Master of Social Work Degree from the University of Wyoming in Laramie, Wyoming. She also has a minor in Family and Consumer Science with an emphasis on Child Development. Working from a strengths-based approach, she utilizes a variety of techniques in order to adapt and serve her clients appropriately. At Albany Community Health Clinic, Jamie gained experience collaborating with individuals who struggled with mental health issues. She also worked with families experiencing homelessness during her time at Family Promise, a non-profit organization. Jamie has the unique ability to connect with people of all ages and all walks of life.
When Jamie is not at Foundations Counseling, you can find her hiking, camping, paddle boarding, painting, reading, playing cards and board games, crocheting, watching movies and various programs on television. She has a sense of adventure and has rarely met someone she considers a stranger. Recently, she traveled to fourteen different cities in Europe in 35 days with a group of thirty people, not knowing anyone before the adventure began. She has jumped out of an airplane with a licensed instructor and is always willing to take on and try new opportunities. Jamie enjoys quality time with her family and friends.
Jamie Smiertelny ReachesLoveland COFort Collins COWindsor COGreeley COEstes Park COBerthoud COJohnstown COFirestone COFrederick COEvans COWellington COMilliken COLivermore COLaport COEaton COLaSalle COMead COPlatteville COHygiene COMasonville COSeverance COTimnath CO