Do you need someone to talk to? We are all experts in our own lives; however, there are times when we require compassion and support to work through life’s hurdles. If you are seeking counselling services for yourself or for someone else, I hope I may be of assistance. I provide timely, customized, & solution based counselling services.
Are you looking for support in the following areas?
· Anxiety in adults and children
· Vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue
· Inter-personal conflict (family, couples, parent/child)
· Concerns with child behavior
· Poor body image and eating disorders
Why should you engage in therapy?
· Cope with stress
· Understand your anxiety
· To feel heard
· Identify and reach your wellness goals
· Manage the effects of traumatic experiences
· Establish healthy routines and coping mechanisms
· Develop improved personal relationships
· Improve the relationship with yourself
· Understand your child’s behaviors better
· Discuss new effective parenting skills
Who am I?
· I have over a decade of experience supporting adults and children
· I hold a Master and bachelor’s degree of Social Work from Memorial University, Newfoundland.
· I have been residing in Kingston, Ontario for many years and I am proud to call this beautiful city our family’s home.
· I love working with people, hearing their stories, and talking over coffee and tea.
· I am a registered social worker and clinical counsellor.
· I provide timely and confidential therapeutic services to individuals, couples, and families.
· I believe we are all the experts in our own lives and offer a collaborative approach to therapy.
· I have extensive experience working with families and children in the areas of parent/child conflict, children's mental health, and divorce/separation.
· I have a keen interest in working with clients in the areas of PTSD, vicarious trauma, and post-partum depression.
My therapeutic approach:
· I believe in customized therapy based on your individual needs, goals, and comfort level.
· I am dedicated to ongoing education and strive to stay on top of current research.
· The most common approaches I use are narrative (allowing you opportunity to tell your story in a safe environment), cognitive behavioral (changing your thought patterns in order to create new responses to difficult situations), solution-focused brief therapy (guiding you through coaching and questioning in the present time to find quicker resolutions), and trauma informed therapy (an approach which is sensitive to the unique struggles of overcoming early or past trauma).
· Family systems and attachment-based therapy is often used to help parents and children navigate conflict. It can also be very useful in treating depression, anxiety, addictions, and disordered eating.
· Counselling does not need to occur inside the office. Often, we are able to communicate better when we are outside and close to nature. “Walking” sessions can be held at locations such as Lake Ontario Park, Portsmouth Harbor, and Lemoines Point.
· Phone consultations are free of charge.
· 60-minute sessions range from $140-$190 (depending on service)
· Supervised by a registered Psychologist
· Counselling services offered by Registered Social Workers are often covered by private insurance companies, or through extended health care benefits and health care spending accounts.
· I currently accept cash, cheque, credit, or e-money transfer.
Location & Contact:
· Princess Street, Kingston, Ontario
· 613 483 7039 (Please feel free to call or text)
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org