Firstly, welcome to my page! I'm glad you are here.
Often, people seeking counselling support are tired of feeling stuck, confused by reactivity, but unsure of how to move forward. They are looking to be truly seen, heard, and accepted unconditionally.
If this is you, you don’t have to do it alone – over the years I have helped many individuals, couples, and families to weather emotional storms and restore hope for growth and connection.
- Mood disorders
- Emotional regulation
- Relationships (Couples and Families)
- Self-esteem and worth
I can offer you:
- a warm, empathic, and non-judgemental approach to counselling
- a commitment to continued training and education in evidence-based counselling theories and techniques
- an emotionally-focused lens to get to the heart of the problem
- a safe therapeutic space to share your story
- a secure base to explore new ways of responding, thinking, or feeling
I can help you:
- to better understand and regulate your emotions
- to reconnect and repair important relationships
- improve self-esteem and feelings of self-worth
- to set and maintain healthy emotional boundaries
- to make and reinforce positive changes and personal growth
Together, we will:
- identify, explore, and validate your emotional experiences
- soothe painful or distressing emotions
- allow for greater compassion, new insights, and relief
- work at your pace, within your “window of tolerance”
- celebrate your successes!
My further professional background and skills:
- Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy (EFIT)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Circle of Security Parenting™ facilitator (an evidence-based parenting program that uses attachment science to provide parents with a clear “road-map” in supporting their children emotionally)
- Master’s in counselling (Gonzaga University)
- Clinical Hypnotherapy (London College of Clinical Hypnosis)
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy
- Trauma focused approaches and training
A bit about me:
- I’m a Mum of three and have been married for 16 years
- I grew up in Kelowna, and I love the Okanagan for the quality of life it offers
- I spent 13 years living in England, studying, training, working, and starting our family
- I enjoy walking, skiing, reading, spin class, and spending time with friends and family
- I’m thoughtful and conscientious
- I value good humour – sometimes laughter is the best medicine!
Finding a good therapeutic “fit” is essential for your success!
I offer a complimentary telephone consultation for new clients to ask questions and ensure you feel safe and secure before starting sessions.
How to get in touch:
I am available for both online e-counselling across British Columbia as well as in-person sessions in Kelowna, BC.
Phone: 250 575 1497
Office: Stewart Centre South, 370-1855 Kirschner Road, Kelowna, BC, V1Y 4N7
Sarah Harris ReachesKelowna BC