I am here to help you take steps to better manage the obstacles that are holding you back from living an emotionally healthy and fruitful life. As a Registered Social Worker and Therapist I see people who are struggling with many difficulties including relationships challenges and breakdowns, stressful jobs, care-giving and parenting responsibilities, mental and physical illness, loss, grief and bereavement including loss of a beloved pet, and compassion fatigue.
In my work I focus on helping you develop self-awareness and fresh insights into yourself and your life situations so you can gain new skills to move your life forward.
My practice includes working with adults and youth, couples, and families and professionals in high stress jobs. I offer support, education and consultation to help with personal and professional mental performance, to improve attachment bonds, better manage stress, and improve well being, all focused on creating positive and meaningful relationships and lives.
Areas of Expertise
Individual psychotherapy and counselling for improved mental health: I provide individual psychotherapy and counselling to people struggling with
Personal, Relationship and Life Challenges and Transitions
- Mood Disorders (depression, bipolar and mania)
- Eating Disorders
- Stress, Sleeplessness, Loss of Enjoyment in life and Compassion Fatigue
- General and Social Anxiety Disorders (including agoraphobia, specific phobias, trichotillomania, panic disorder, separation anxiety disorder, and selective mutism),
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Identity disorders and Body image disorders
I help people develop better understanding about themselves and the relationships they have with others, gain new insights to difficult emotions like sadness, fear, vulnerability and worry and improve their ability for emotional regulation, self-compassion and self-expression and use the present moment as a road to healing.
- Relationship breakdowns including romantic, platonic, work-related and familial
- Accountability coaching
- Healing from emotional abuse / neglect and trauma
- Betrayal Trauma
- Chronic illness and taking care of someone who is chronically ill
- Grief and Loss
- Compassion fatigue
- Health and Weight loss
Pet Loss, Grief and Bereavement, Animal Bond, Veterinary Care: As a clinical counsellor at a top Veterinary hospital one of the unique services I provide is counselling for pet owners and veterinary professionals.
- I support people experiencing concerns over their pet’s health status and managing grief over the loss of a pet. I provide a safe environment where they grieve their losses, safely remember the past, and learn how to redefine the present and re-create the future.
- I work with veterinary professionals challenged with your own grief and compassion fatigue and offer support to work with their own mental health struggles and guidance on effectively providing services to distressed pet owners so they can sustain longevity in their profession.
Healthcare and Legal Services Professionals: I work with Healthcare and Medical professionals, Emergency Respondents, and Legal Services providers
- I support professionals who are experiencing compassion fatigue, sleeplessness, addictions, relationship breakdowns and other stress associated with highly demanding jobs.
- I provide a safe and understanding environment where they can speak about their own mental mental health challenges so they can maintain passion and satisfaction in their own profession.
Couples: I guide couples wishing to improve communication, their emotional bond, work through challenges in their relationships, repair and strengthen relationships and build emotional skills to relate differently to each other.
Families: I provide therapeutic support parents with children, adolescents/young adults struggling with behavioural challenges, mental and physical health and I provide therapy to children, adolescents/young adults wishing to enhance their mental health, develop new positive coping skills, and decrease conflict and tension in their social life and the family.
- Parenting challenges including parenting children with mental health, addiction concerns, including children who are not neuro-typical such as Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADD/ADHD, anxiety and depression
- Child and adolescent psychotherapy
My Qualifications and Therapeutic Approach
- I hold degrees from the University of Waterloo and a Master’s Degree in Social Work from Wilfrid Laurier Univeristy, Waterloo, ON, Canada.
My fees begin at $125
- I am trained in multiple therapeutic modalities including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Cogntive Behavioural Therapy for Children and Adolescents, Solution Focused Therapy, Gottman Method, Emotion Focused Therapy, attachment-informed and trauma-focused therapies, mindfulness-based therapies (MBCT, MBSR), ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy), ACT for Adolescent, ACT for Trauma, Accountability Coaching, Inner Freedom Method, and Art and Play therapy. The approach we take will be catered to your unique challenges and concerns.
Bojena Kelmendi ReachesGuelph ONKitchener ONWaterloo ONCambridge ON
Clients throughout Ontario