My strength is helping you leverage your strengths.
Learning what works for you takes the ability to take a long and short view of where you are now and where you want to go. The perspective from someone outside will lead to a greater reflection of what is true for you. Coaching and/or counseling is like having a sherpa who offers you support and guidance using your experience as the touchstone for mapping out your journey. Reflection and reality are tools to guide you on your journey
- You know best what works for you. Let's build more skills that work for you.
- If you have been working hard and getting no results it might be time to take an approach from a different perspective.
How will you know if I am the right one for you?
- Achieving results for what you want and hope for is my commitment to you.
- I use evidence-based practices and programs with processes proven to work. I do this because I care about giving the best I can to alleviate suffering brought on by ineffectively struggling.
- Discovering your internal heart's desire for a meaningful life is a starting point for effective living.
My colleagues describe me as honest and kind with a high degree of integrity in being accepting and non-judgmental. They know me as a person who is devoted to professional growth. What this means for you is that I am committed to being truthful to you with compassion and caring in alignment with the collaborative relationship we define together. I will bring to our work together with the best and most current knowledge and skills paired with personal warmth. Consequently, I practice Evidence-Based Therapies (EBT). Why should this matter to you? It means there is scientific research or evidence that supports the effectiveness of EBTs for your unique situation. You can skip to the bottom to learn about EBTs.
The hard work will almost always be in discovering what works specifically for you. Together, we can figure out how to create a roadmap so you are traveling toward a meaningful and fulfilling life.We can iron out the details when you call.
- My friends and family know me as being persistent, adventuresome, and funny.
- I love to laugh. If I can get somebody laughing with me that is even better.
- It is my belief humor can help us heal. Life can be hard and catching a few giggles here and there can lighten the load.
- Humor, I believe, is an aspect of mental fitness. It is like being flexible when physically fit
Still not sure if we are a good fit to work together. Individuals who do best with me are ready to take action. They are willing to experience some discomfort in the service of reaching their fullest potential. I mention discomfort because change is about to happen which generally feels uncomfortable. In other words, getting outside your comfort zone is the best place for growth to occur and it can be painful. I will be there to coach and support you through the process. Another factor influencing fit is your motivation to try on new behaviors between sessions. Motivation is a renewable skill you can learn. It is unique to each individual and we can discover what works for you.
On a more personal note, I enjoy being in nature. Hiking, camping, and riding ATVs. As far as that goes just about anything in nature rejuvenates and excites me. Nature is part of my self-care routine.
Also, I bring the practical experience of having four grown children. Two of which are adopted twins that are part of my blended family. I adore my children and partner.
Before becoming a therapist and coach I completed a successful career of 17 years at a Fortune 500 company in Human Resources as a trainer, recruiter, and career success coach. The skills I gained from working in Human Resources are an extra bonus when we work together.
As mentioned above in the section Fit the EBTs I find most useful are listed below. If you click each one for a description.
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (psychotherapy)
Acceptance and Commitment Training (career)
Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Eye Movement and Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
The above is a short list of tools in my tool box. Make it easy on yourself and call me while you are exploring the idea of counseling and/or coaching. 720-260-7702.
I look forward to talking with you soon. 720-260-7702
Brenda Bomgardner ReachesLakewood CO