Who Is Jennifer Wisser-Stokes?
Jennifer Wisser-Stokes is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor at her private practice, Jennifer Wisser-Stokes Counseling LLC.
Specializing in child therapy, Jennifer helps children with various difficulties, which may include anger issues, aggression, anxiety, and adjustments to difficult life circumstances such as divorce, blended family challenges, and abuse.
- THE CHILD: Jennifer’s focus is on helping children stay in control of their emotions by coping effectively with difficult feelings or circumstances that inevitably arise. Children love that Jennifer’s interventions involve play and /or art. Jennifer uses this form of therapy to help children feel safe enough to be able to work through the obstacles life has thrown their way. Her child therapy clients have fun learning new and creative ways to coping with feelings, building self-compassion, resolving conflicts, and adjusting to difficult life circumstances.
- THE PARENTS: Parents appreciate Jennifer spending individual time with them in supplemental parent sessions done in-person or remotely to trouble-shoot problem areas at home and school. She offers parents solid suggestions on supporting their child outside of the therapy session. Because therapy usually consists of one 50 minute session per week with her child client’s, Jennifer believes in the power of parental involvement as an important piece of the puzzle in the comprehensive treatment approach and successful therapy outcome.
- ASSESSMENT & PLAN: Each child client Jennifer works with is assessed and the parents are offered customized treatment plan, also known as a Plan of Care . This Plan of Care takes into account information gathered from parents and the child, as well as from teachers if there are concerns at school or daycare. As our road map in therapy and a tool for parents to take home, the Plan of Care allows parents to know the goals of therapy and how those goals will be reached.
What's Jennifer's Story?
A Central Florida native, Jennifer was born and raised in Orlando, Florida. She is passionate about getting involved and serving her community.
Jennifer graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Central Florida and went on to complete her Masters of Science in Counseling and Psychology from Troy University.
She values the importance of self-care and spending time with her husband and three-year-old daughter.
What Are Jennifer's Qualifications?
- More than 6 years of experience working with children and families
- Extensive training in play therapy and expressive arts techniques
- Certified in child-parent relationships training
- Certified in adoption competency counseling
- Certified as a distance credentialed counselor
- Certified administrator for the PREPARE/ENRICH marriage assessment program
Jennifer Wisser-Stokes ReachesOrlando FL