Are you are constantly reliving the past? No matter how much you try you just can’t stop thinking about it?
Are you dreaming about traumatic events that have happened in your life?
Are you on edge every second?
Are you always scanning your surroundings for danger?
Are you worried every day something bad will happen?
Do you feel like your past is preventing you from living the future you want for yourself?
Do you find yourself feeling detached from other people?
Are you more irritable or angry?
Do you find yourself worrying about things all day long?
Do you suffer from panic attacks?
You already know, if you are experiencing any of the above questions, how hard these things can be to live with. It takes a tremendous amount of courage to reach out for help. Together we can help you overcome your past that is preventing you from living the life you want to live.
My Approaches Include:
- Brainspotting therapy for trauma, anxiety, panic, stress, anger, or life struggles. This therapy is a bottom-up approach based off the theory that where you look affects how you feel. It uses fixed eye movements to gain access to the lower parts of your brain (brainstem, limbic system) to process at a deeper level.
- EMDR therapy for trauma and anxiety. This therapy uses rapid eye movements to help you process disturbing memories and store them more adaptively in your brain.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety and panic. CBT helps to identify negative thought patterns you can get stuck in, and how to change them to more helpful patterns.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy: DBT consists of 4 different modules that has beneficial skills for anxiety, panic, and trauma including: mindfulness, interpersonal effectiveness, emotion regulation, and distress tolerance.
When You Work With Me, You Will:
- Have a supportive space to be heard and seen.
- Have a nonjudgmental space where you can feel safe to express your thoughts and emotions.
- Have space to determine your goals for therapy and what you need from me as your therapist.
- Have a safe and supportive space to process traumatic experiences without feeling judged.
A Bit About Me:
- I am a passionate and authentic licensed mental health counselor in Colorado.
- I decided to become a counselor after my own life experiences and encounters showed me there was a need for honest and compassionate therapists.
- I received my bachelor's degree from Adelphi University. I went on to receive my master's degree in mental health counseling from Monmouth University. I worked in New Jersey from 2013-2017 before moving to Colorado in late 2017.
- My clients describe me as warm, empathetic, honest, genuine, and a good listener.
What You Can Do Next:
- If you would like some more information about me or the type of therapy, I use you can visit my website.
- You can schedule a 15–20-minute free consultation on my website if you would like to see if we would be a good fit for each other.
- I welcome e-mails if you have any questions!
You are here. You took the first courageous step in asking for help. There is hope for the future that things can be different!
Michelle Dunn ReachesDenver CO