Are you having anxiety within your life?
Are you dealing with general anxiety or anxiety as a result of specific trigger?
Does it feel as thought anxiety is impacting your daily life in a counterproductive way?
Jennifer Stonefield, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist is here for you!
ABOUT JENNIFER STONEFIELD, LMFT:
My journey to becoming a Marriage and Family Therapist was scenic, but my ultimate goal was always the intended destination. My academic career began at the School of Visual Arts in New York City, where, within my senior thesis, I found a unique way to combine my love of art and my passion for psychology. Upon completing my time there, I returned to Los Angeles, where I ultimately pursued my Master’s in Clinical Psychology with an emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy from Pepperdine University. I regularly participate in continuing education opportunities, not only to further my own knowledge, but also to continually enhance the therapeutic process I offer my clients.
CLINICAL SPECIALIZATION AREAS:
· Adjustment Disorder
· Delayed-Onset PTSD
· Relational Issues With Others
· Sex Therapy
SPECIALIZATION IN SEX THERAPY:
· I work with clients who require assistance within their sexuality, primarily adults
· A major goal of sex therapy is to help you have a healthy relationship with your sexuality
· This relationship with sex is not just about how you have sex, but it also includes your feelings and emotions, your body, your mind, and your spirituality
· Opening up your sexuality will help to open up your personality and developmental growth
· To help you to a fulfilling level of sexual health, together, we will unpack your history, your beliefs systems, your goals, and most importantly, your authentic self
WHY SEX THERAPY:
· As with therapy in general, sometimes talking about things that are related to sex may be uncomfortable for you to discuss out loud with another person, or very difficult to even acknowledge to yourself
· Working with clients who are experiencing sexual concerns focuses on anxiety reduction, mindfulness, challenging sexual discomfort, performance anxiety, low sexual desire, intimacy difficulties, communication problems, and partner relational concerns
· Ultimately, sex therapy focuses on pleasure and ensuring that pleasure resonates within both your sex life as well as your everyday life
WHY THERAPY NOW:
· I’ve always had a passion for psychology and going on the therapeutic journey with my clients reminds me of this every day
· While on this journey with my clients we begin to understand the issues, which arise throughout the therapeutic process, and witnessing people change their lives as a result is one of the most rewarding experiences another person can ever experience
· I have a wide array of clinical experience ranging from working with children in an educational setting to those suffering from dementia to individual work in several group private practices where age holds no boundaries
· I apply a personalized approach when working with clients, as I believe that a “one size fits all” approach simply won’t cut it
· I take on a role as a therapist chameleon, continually adapting to my client’s needs
· I utilize alternative therapeutic modalities as part of the therapeutic process
· $150 per 50 minute session
· A superbill can be provided for you to submit to your insurance company
· If you are having financial difficulties, sliding scale may be available - please inquire further if this is necessary for you
· 12401 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025
· My office is conveniently located, has ample parking available, and offers a warm, healing space for your therapeutic journey to take place.
I am looking forward to working with you!