I believe that every person is equipped with the ability to overcome challenges in their lives, however, sometimes, we get stuck. My goal is to help you grow and gain insight into yourself and your struggles while acquiring the tools you need to face these struggles, and new struggles, on your own.Therapy is most successful when the therapist and client work together. As a result, my style is eclectic, taking into account the individual, that person's needs, and what he or she is looking to get out of therapy.During the therapy process I utilize therapeutic principles from cognitive-behavioral, psychoanalytic, supportive, and interpersonal schools of thought. I adapt and choose particular elements from different psychotherapeutic schools that fit each client, allowing each individual to best achieve the goals that he or she sets.
I am committed to helping individuals grow and change through developing the tools necessary to achieve their goals and overcome barriers in their lives. I see many clients learning how to manage:
- Relationship issues
- Inability to lose weight
As a therapist, my eclectic style of counseling benefits my clients by helping them to build skills in many areas:
- Managing and coping with anxiety- I can help you identify triggers and learn how to best manage and decrease your symptoms while building the skills to decrease your overall anxious symptoms.
- Managing and coping with depression- I can help you to learn about your depression while coping with the day to struggles of being in a depressed mood, together we will find ways to help decrease the effects of your depressed mood while helping you improve the quality of your day to day life.
- Increasing mindfulness - understanding your emotional response to the world around you is essential. through increasing mindfulness you can improve many areas of your life.
- Increasing motivation to set and meet goals - understanding your barriers to meeting and setting goals is a key element in making changes that will last a life time. Many times we lack the motivation to make big life changes that can improve our overall quality of life, we will work together to help you make these changes and improve your life.
- Improving communication skills - many of our issues in our relationships come from a flaw in our communication style. I work individually and with couples to help you improve your communication and improve your relationships.
- Overcoming fear and taking the first step toward change- sometimes, no matter how badly we want to make change: ending a relationship, changing a job, losing weight or even just starting therapy, we find ourselves unable to take that first step. I work with individuals to understand that fear and overcome it so you can start making the changes you want immediately!
Some of the many skills and techniques I use include:
- Couples Counseling
- Motivational Counseling
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Time Management
Therapy is an investment in yourself and your life, I offer a sliding scale on a case by case basis. Additionally, If you are seeing me out of network, I can provide a bill for you to submit to your insurance company.
- $150 for initial intake session (60 minutes)
- $125 per 45-minute session (individual and couples)
- I accept Oscar Insurance
· NYS licensed Mental Health Counselor
Nicole Borger ReachesBrooklyn NY