Harry is a COUPLES specialist and is dedicated to the restoration of intimacy for couples who are caught in patterns of circular arguments or disengagement. As a couples therapist, he has developed an extensive set of practical tools for you and your partner to integrate into your relationship. He has undergone specialized relationship training at the Master's and Doctoral levels. In addition, having been married for 29 years, he has learned from the ups and downs of real life, not just reading about it.
His approach to couples therapy is based on 35 years of scientific research with couples and is consistent with and rooted in Biblical principles. More specifically, his approach is to: 1) get problems out in the open and into a safe place, 2) identify themes of conflict and understand the deeper issues that keep the conflict from being resolved, 3) learn tools for communicating, managing anger, and expressing compassion, and 4) apply these tools to heal the wounds that have been inflicted. The goal of this process is to restore trust and build a shared vision for the relationship.
A personal note from Harry: “I became a couples specialist because I believe it gives you the best chance to heal your relationship so you can feel safer, more trusted and more loved. Seeing a relationship crumble breaks my heart. I would love to support your healing journey in every way I can.”
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
-- License: MFC 53452
• California Southern University - Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) program
• Santa Clara University – Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology (Marriage and Family Therapy program)
• University of Virginia, B.S.
• California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
• Affiliate of the Christian Counseling Center of San Jose
• American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC)
• Board Member, Divorce and Relationship Recovery Ministry, Calvary Church, Los Gatos
• GoodTherapy.org (Dedicated to preventing therapists from misusing power)
On a personal note, my greatest treasure in my life is my relationship with my beautiful gracious wife. She has helped me grow wiser and closer to God. We have been blessed by serving at our local church in adult teaching, youth ministries, and childcare. When I'm not counseling, I enjoy mountain biking, reading, and spending time with friends.
Harry Motro ReachesSan Jose CA