My hope is to create a safe and comfortable space for individuals to explore and define ways to live fuller and happier lives. It often takes a lot of courage to make that first call for counseling, so thank you for taking the time to explore what I have to offer.I am currently offering all my services on-line through video or telephone counselling, at a reduced rate. I believe counselling should be accessible to everyone, especially during COVID.
Who I am:
· I am a Registered Psychotherapist with nearly 15 years experience working with individuals and couples in corporate and government settings.
· I provide counselling to adolescents and adults struggling with depression, anxiety, relationship stress, separation and divorce, parenting issues, infertility, self-esteem, and work stress.
· One of my passions is working with families on parenting issues. I have five years experience working as a parenting coach, and have worked with families over my 15 years as a psychotherapist on issues such as discipline, new diagnoses of ADD/ADHD, acting out behaviours, children adjusting to separation or divorce, teens struggling with depression and anxiety.
· I believe balance in our lives is essential to living happy, healthy lives. I believe there needs to be a balance between the love and energy we put out to others, as well as the love and energy we give to ourselves. There also needs to be a balance between the time we dedicate to ourselves, to our partners and to our families. Sometimes this balance can be thrown off by life circumstances, our busy lives, or our desire to be helpful to our friends and family.
· My approach is collaborative. We will work together to explore these challenges and find ways to restore balance in your life. Every person is unique and individual, so we will work together to find the interventions that will fit your personality and lifestyle.
· I believe that the client is the expert in their life. I am willing to be the expert on the different factors that can contribute to a person’s emotional well-being and mental health. I will share with you the different skills and strategies that can help a person manage their life. We will explore all of your options and I will make many suggestions, but you are in charge and ultimately decide the changes that will fit into your life today. We can work together, in partnership, to decide on what the next steps are for you – to help you regain your balance and keep you on your path to realizing your full potential.
My clients have told me that they appreciate my compassion and gentle approach, and always feel heard and validated. I have been trained in the following modalities:
· Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
· Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
· Solution Focused Therapy
· Narrative Therapy
· Couple and Family Therapy