My office is located in Edmonton – but I’m also available for Skype, Phone, and FaceTime sessions with clients throughout Alberta. Direct billing is available for those with eligible insurance plans.
We all have our strengths and do what we can to deal with life’s many challenges. But sometimes we feel anxious, hopeless, depressed or confused, and need to speak confidentially - and without feeling judged - about the very personal things going on in our lives.
As a psychologist who gets that it all starts with kindness, clients find me compassionate, down-to-earth, and relatable - a trusted, supportive listener who knows how to help. I’m passionate about the newest psychological research and therapies, and I use evidence-based treatments to empower individuals to move toward the lives that they have always wanted.
No two minds are alike …
Which is why one type of therapy won’t work for everyone. I draw from several science-backed therapy methods to customize treatment for individual clients, including:
What is Therapy with Mallory Like?
As your psychologist, you’ll find I’m consistently on your side. I make it a priority to provide a caring, comfortable and hopeful environment where you can feel welcome and at ease.
With me, you’ll always get straight-up answers and full transparency, especially about the therapy process. You won’t find me constantly asking, “Well, how do you feel about that?” Instead, we’ll work together – at a pace that suits you- to:
- Learn how to use your strengths to live the life that you want
- Provide you with new perspectives and established strategies to help make the changes you desire
- Develop your self-awareness and ability to trust your intuition as a guide for navigating life’s challenges
- Learn to deal with life in a healthier way, with tools you can use outside my office
Counselling will take you out of your comfort zone. But my aim is always to provide a safe place where you can share your experiences, worries, feelings, and thoughts without fear of rejection or criticism. I believe in your ability to grow, change, and move forward, and I can help you believe in yourself.
Clients come to me for counselling for a wide range of reasons:
- Getting anxiety under control
- Getting through depression more easily
- Recovering from grief or loss
- Managing difficult emotions
- Developing self-esteem and self-compassion
- Overcoming stress, burnout, and feeling overwhelmed
- Family difficulties
- Relationship issues
- Navigating the dating world
- Living the best solo life
- Working through affairs
- Divorce or relationships ending
- Premarital counselling
- Discovering meaning and purpose in life
- Anger management
- Weight loss/management
- Body image and eating disorders
- Substance abuse and addictions
- Support through decision making such as whether to have children or get married
- Perinatal health from conception to postpartum
- Postpartum depression and anxiety
- Managing the difficulties of parenthood
- Matrescence (the process of becoming a mother)
- Motor Vechile Accidents (MVA)
While the road to mental well-being is not always straight and narrow, most of my clients leave their first sessions saying, “I wish I had done this a long time ago.” I’m committed to helping you live your life in meaningful ways that will help heal your past and reshape your future, and I look forward to working with you.
For more information about me, or to book a session online, please see my website at www.mallorybecker.com
"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."
- Mahatma Gandhi