Welcome to the Beginning of your Healing Journey
You’re looking for a therapist who can help you to feel safe, respected, and supported while you learn to feel and live better. I know how scary it can be to pick up the phone and make that very first appointment, and hope that learning a bit about myself will help you to feel as confident as I am that I can help you feel better.
Benefits of Therapy
In general, psychotherapy can have many benefits, and we work together to ensure that we are working towards goals that you choose. Some examples of goals that you might achieve while working with Melanie are:
- Feel better – physically, mentally, and emotionally!
- Regain your energy – take steps towards doing the things you wish you were doing now, but feel unable to do.
- Sleep better – this might mean falling asleep faster, getting more hours of sleep, or managing nightmares and other sleep disturbances.
- Calm your anxious mind – learn to stop living under the shadow of “what if’s” and worries.
- Improve Your Relationships – gain new tools to manage conflict and difficult situations at home, and work.
- Find Peace – whatever’s weighing you down, you don’t have to carry it forever, and you don’t have to carry it alone.
You are unique, and the issues that you are struggling with are unique! I create an individualized plan which is crafted to suit your struggles, strengths, goals, and dreams. Some of the approaches I may draw upon in our work together include:
- Counselling – Supportive counselling and crisis planning to help you figure out the “right now” to get you through the worst days.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – Learning to change your thinking patterns in order to see and navigate the world in new ways.
- Mindfulness & Meditation – Learning techniques to calm your mind and body.
- Motivational Interviewing – Helping you to figure out what your goals are, how you’re going to achieve them, and keeping you on track along the way!
- Family Systems – Take a closer look at what’s going on within your family relationships, and better understand how to manage and resolve conflict.
- Spiritually Integrated Psychotherapy – Supporting you in tackling some of the big questions you might have in respect to finding meaning in life, death, and everything in between. Any spiritual discussions are engaged only in the context of your own spiritual background, and you will never need to discuss spirituality if that’s not what you’re here to do!
I am a Registered Psychotherapist in good standing with the College of Registered Psychotherapists in Ontario
- Master’s Degree in Spiritual Care and Psychotherapy – Wilfred Laurier University
- Honors Undergraduate Degree in Sexuality, Marriage, and Family Studies – University of Waterloo
- Additional training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – Wilfred Laurier University Faculty of Social Work
I have a diverse and broad background of experience, which supports me in working with a variety of individuals. This experience includes but is not limited to with within the following settings:
- Family Health Team
- Addictions Services
- Community Services
- Residential Hospice
I am an experienced clinician with specialized education in supporting individuals with the following concerns.
- Additions / Alcohol
- Chronic Illness & End of Life
- Sleep Disturbances
- Relationship Issues
- Career Guidance & Life Transitions
I enjoy working with individuals of all ages, including:
- Youth (10-12)
- Teens (13-19)
- Young Adults (19-25)
- Adults (25+)
- Seniors (60+)
A Safe Space
I am committed to ensuring my therapy practice is a safe space for all, and would like to offer additional assurance that Woodstock Psychotherapy is a safe space for individuals of all ages, backgrounds, spiritualities, and sexual orientations. In particular, I strive to be a knowledgeable ally of the LQBTQ+ communities. Please know that at Woodstock Psychotherapy you will be welcomed, accepted for who you are, and supported in being yourself.
Melanie Rodrigues ReachesWoodstock ON