HOPE HEALING HEALTH
Valerie Umscheid is committed to providing empathetic and effective counselling to support positive life goals. She believes in the importance of hope, healing and optimizing health. She wants her clients to experience happiness, joy and life satisfaction.
Valerie Umscheid Can Help You With
· depression, anxiety and stress
· PTSD (posttraumatic stress disorder)
· bereavement, loss and life transition
· relationship issues, couple counselling
Benefits of Counselling
· overcome depression and anxiety symptoms
· use effective coping strategies
· eliminate trauma symptoms, nightmares/flashbacks
· process feelings of loss, feel happier
· learn helpful communication skills/reduce conflict
Valerie Uses These Therapies
· CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) learn helpful behaviours and thoughts
· Solution Focused Therapy to explore options to improve your situation
· EMDR a proven trauma therapy to eliminate trauma symptoms
· Clinical Hypnosis to assist with specific and addictive psychological problems
· Gottman Method for Couples Counselling to strengthen and heal relationships
Cost of Therapy
· $200 per 60 minute hour (individual, couple and family)
· Payment by Credit Card, and Cash
· Receipt with therapist registration number provided
· EAP , WCB and Blue Cross Direct Billing
# 146 Euro Village, 11 Athabascan Ave.
Sherwood Park, AB. FREE PARKING
Call for Consultation 780 975 0629
Master of Arts Degree in Psychology, Gonzaga University, WA. (2002)
Registered Psychologist College of Alberta Psychologists (2003)
Clinical Supervision College of Alberta Psychologists (2008)
Advanced Training in EMDR and Clinical Hypnosis ( 2010 - 2019)
Level II Gottman Institute Couple Counselling (2010)
Valerie has been married for over thirty years and has two adult daughters.
She believes in the importance of family, and has gained valuable experience parenting and transitioning through life changes.
Prior to becoming a therapist, she worked as a Family Mediator and also as a Respiratory Therapist. She has presented workshops on: Parenting after Separation, Blended Families, Body Image, Eating Disorders and Self- Harming behaviour.
Currently, she provides clinical supervision to provisional psychologists completing their hours for registration.