As a highly skilled and caring therapist, I offer a safe and supportive space for reflection and growth. Clients have described me as “easy to talk to”, “understanding” and “dedicated to my growth”. My practice is guided by 15 years of clinical experience, cutting-edge research and a genuine interest in the well-being of each of my clients.
Some of the struggles that I have helped clients not only manage, but also overcome include:
· Chronic Illness and Pain
· Grief and Loss
· Loneliness and Relationship Difficulties
· Life Transitions
· Career and Financial Stress
I have become well-versed in an array of clinical techniques and tailor therapy to the specific needs of each individual. Some examples of my techniques include helping clients:
· Access their strengths
· Rewrite their narratives and find their voice
· Integrate their physical and emotional experiences
· Use mindfulness to drastically improve mood, manage stress and decrease physical and emotional pain
· Build support systems and connections
· Increase curiosity and joy
· Live a more intentional and mindful life
I am also Certified in Integrative Medicine for Mental Health and use a holistic approach to well-being.
Trained in the renown Gottman approach to Couples Counseling, I help couples evaluate their relationship goals and practice the skills they need to reach those goals. Couples have said that they “both felt supported” and “learned invaluable skills” that have enhanced their relationship. I also work with premarital couples and help them identify and practice relationship skills that are empirically shown to be indicators of strong marriages over time.
· Yale University (BA), 1998
· London School of Economics and Social Science (MSc Social Research Methods), 2000
· University of Southern California (Master of Social Work), 2005
In addition to my private practice, I have worked as a therapist at UCLA’s Rape Treatment Center, St. Francis Children’s Counseling Center and served on the Board of Directors at the Sexual Assault Resource Center in Portland, OR. I have also been Adjunct Faculty at USC’s School of Social Work, where I have taught clinical courses and supervised graduate students in their internships. I speak Spanish and have worked closely with Spanish-speaking immigrant populations. I have lived overseas, traveled extensively and always had an interest in the intersection of culture, social environment and mental health. I am happily married and have two lovely children who have taught me so much about humility, compassion and presence.
· $175 per session. Please reach out to discuss specific fees and scheduling.
· While I do not work directly with any insurance panels, many insurance plans allow for some of the cost of therapy to be reimbursed. I am happy to provide a superbill to submit to your insurance carrier.
· Playa Vista: 12777 West Jefferson Blvd., Bldg D., Ste 300, Los Angeles, CA 90066
Please reach out for a free phone consultation so that we can discuss what you are experiencing and whether I am the right person to help! I have seen so many individuals and couples benefit from therapy and hope that you can too. I look forward to hearing from you.