Ann O’Brien, LCSW, MSc, can provide you with the compassion and support to help you through many life issues. Whether you are struggling with a particular issue or an ongoing challenge, therapy may give you a space and the skills to transform into a healthier, happier you. I offer individual therapy for adults, couples counseling, and therapy for children, adolescents and families.
Ann O’Brien, LCSW, can help you with:
· Conflict and distance in your relationship.
· Depression and anxiety in Adults.
· Navigating the emotional distress that often accompanies infertility and fertility treatments.
· Parenting challenges.
· Specific concerns with children and adolescents including depression, anxiety, social isolation, difficulty with peers, low self-esteem, behavioral and attention problems at home and school.
· Recovery from Trauma.
· General stress management.
Benefits of Therapy with Ann O’Brien, LCSW:
· Increased affection and communication with your partner.
· Overcome depression & anxiety.
· Cope with stresses of infertility and fertility treatments.
· Feel confident in your parenting.
· Your child or adolescent can improve self-confidence, social connections, interests and empowered.
· Your family life can become more harmonious, joyful and connected.
· Feel more joy and live a more Intentional Life.
Ann O’Brien, LCSW, has been trained in a variety of techniques and can tailor the therapy to your specific needs. Her training includes, but is not limited to:
· Gottman Couples’ Counseling
· Psychodynamic, Cognitive-Behavioral and Mindfulness
· Trauma-informed techniques
· Cross-cultural sensitivity (Bilingual: Spanish/English)
· Play therapy
What to expect from therapy:
Ann O’Brien, LCSW, will aim to create a safe and supportive space for you. Since it is very important that you feel comfortable with your therapist, Ann encourages you to use the first session to assess whether it feels like a good fit. If, for any reason, you do not feel like continuing therapy, you will not be charged for this first session, and she can provide you with a referral to another therapist.
The format and length of therapy varies according to your specific needs and whether it is adult, couples or children and family therapy. In a free initial phone consultation, we can discuss what format might best suit your needs.
· $175 for 50-minute session
· I can provide receipt for you to submit to your insurance.
· 12777 W. Jefferson Blvd., Bldg D, Ste 300, Los Angeles, CA 90066
· 4560 Admiralty Way, Ste 255, Marina del Rey, CA 90292
· University of Southern California, Masters of Social Work
· London School of Economics & Social Science, Masters of Social Psychology (Social Research Methods)
· Yale University, BA in History