Do any of these sound familiar to you?
- You are looking for someone who will understand you and the concerns you have?
- You find yourself feeling unhappy, discouraged, anxious, sad, angry or at a loss for what to do?
- You have been feeling anxious or depressed and not sure what you should do?
- Stress taking its toll on you? You wish it would just stop?
- You want or need things to change?
- You are looking for someone to work with who will understand and care about you and the things that are important to you?
If so, and you would like to feel that you are managing and directing your own life, rather than feeling like your life is managing and directing you, give me a call to get started.
I have worked with many people who have faced the challenges and transitions that many of use experience during our lives. I have personally experienced many of life’s struggles and setbacks that life can send your way and have learned how to manage, grow resilience and adapt to pull through and end up with your life in a better place, with more meaning, than before.
I am an experienced (over 30 years) Registered Social Worker serving individuals, couples, families and groups with counselling and coaching services. As a professional Counsellor/Therapist, I provide a caring, supportive and effective counselling and/or coaching experience with you which is thoughtful, comfortable and focused on meeting your needs. It will build and nourish the personal strengths and abilities you have to create a desired and meaningful change for you.
Education, Training and Experience
My formal education includes:
- Honours B.A. in Psychology (Queen’s University, Canada)
- Master of Social Work (University of Toronto, Canada)
- Certificate Program in Individual Therapy (Smith College, USA)
- Masters Certificate in Municipal Management (University of Ontario Institute of Technology)
- Member of the International Centre for Clinical Excellence
- Certified Brief Solution-Focused Therapist
- Narrative Therapy Training (Brief Therapy Training Centres – International)
- Solution-Focused Coaching Series
I have a variety of experience gathered from working in various settings such as family service agencies, mental health organizations, forensic services, prisons, university and college teaching, professional training and private practice counselling.
My office is located in Whitby, Ontario near Thickson Avenue and Hwy 401. It is easily accessible from Ajax-Pickering in the west, Bowmanville and Newcastle in the east and Brooklin in the north. I provide services accessible in the areas of Durham Region and Clarington. Services are provided in person in my office, by phone as well as other special arrangements with clients such as home visits or other locations. Secure Online services will be available in Spring 2013.
For more information about my training and experience as well as details about the services I provide, please visit my website at: www.DavidCurrieCounselling.ca
David Currie ReachesWhitby ONOshawa ON