BUHR PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES
at Buhr Psychological bring a mix of humor, compassion, and honesty to the
therapeutic process. They believe that
while therapy can (and should be) difficult, there should also be a sense of
warmth and understanding.
of Support include:
- Managing difficult emotions:
- Anger &
- Anxiety / Fear
- Depression / Grief
- Managing Relationships & Improving:
- Communication &
- Relationship Goals
- Jealousy & Affairs
- Divorce Care
- Co-parenting &
- Blended Families
- Trauma & PTSD
- Borderline Personality Disorder
Some of the benefits you will
experience from working with one of our psychologists include:
- Improved ability to manage emotions
leading to reduced stress & guilt
- Better communication with
people in your life
- More peaceful household
- More sense of control over your
- More positive view of your self
Some of the approaches and
therapeutic techniques you may experience are:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): Focuses on the idea that how you think affects
how you act and how you feel. Techniques target those maladaptive
- Reality & Acceptance Therapy: When life circumstances cannot be changed, this
begins to address how you move forward.
- Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT): Emotions, even so-called negatives ones, have
value. EFT helps you understand and use emotions appropriately
rather than being a victim to how you feel.
- Attachment Theory: Considers the importance of primary relationships
and how they shape your view of the world.
- Harm Reduction & and Trauma Informed Therapy: Useful in addictions work, these approaches
combine to help minimize the impact and understand the underlying causes
of addictive behaviors
- Solution Focused Therapy: Sometimes it is just about the goal.
There isn't always a need to find the underlying causes and it is just about
Our Team: Two Psychologists are available to
provide flexibility for your scheduling and need for support:
David Buhr, MC, Registered Psychologist
David approaches a variety of issues with a mix of humour and a direct
style. A relaxed setting allows for a comfortable conversation that inspires a
new outlook on life and an increased sense of hope.
Psychologist in the Province of Alberta
o Master of Counselling from the City
University of Seattle, Edmonton Campus
(Hons) Psychology from Trinity
Western University in Langley, BC
Joy Medori, Provisional Psychologist, MC, Provisional Psychologist
Provisional Psychologist in the Province of Alberta
Counselling, University of Lethbridge
Science, University of Alberta
- $200/hr for individual, couple, &
family therapy as per Psychologist Association of Alberta recommended
- Sessions are generally 50 minutes although 80-minute
sessions may be recommended for couples or families.
- Fees are covered by
most insurance providers or may be claimed as medical
expenses for tax deductions.
- Direct billing is available for most insurance plans
- Great West Life,
- Alberta Blue Cross,
- Chamber of Commerce,
- FNIHB and more.
your provider for coverage and check with us for direct billing.
- Negotiated rates are available for those without
insurance and financial constraints on a case by case basis.
12547 129 Street - 3rd floor
location just off the Yellow Head and St. Albert Trail allowing quick access
and Sherwood Park.
Counselling is also
available for Alberta residents.
note that the office is on the 3rd floor
and may provide some accessibility issue for those with difficulty with stairs.