Welcome! People seek counselling for a variety of reasons, sometimes we hope to address a particular problem or concern and sometimes counselling is used to gain additional growth and development. Regardless of the reason why you are considering counselling, we have all faced times when we need extra support. I work collaboratively with individuals to understand the concerns or circumstances that may cause you to feel stuck, upset, or fostering a sense of regret. I customize my approach to address the concerns that are relevant to you to help create meaningful growth and lasting change in your life. We work at a pace that is right for you.
I have counselling experience in medical, community, and private practice settings. I believe that a supportive and empathic therapeutic relationship is the cornerstone of which change is facilitated. I hope that our work together can provide you with different insights into your life and relationships as well as skills and tools to help you create change in your life. I have extensive trauma-informed training and as a lifelong learner, I am interested in studying the origins of resilience in the face of trauma. I have specialized training in anger management, grief and loss, and issues involving compassion fatigue and burnout.
I specialize in:
My approach to counselling:
- trauma recovery (PTSD),
- accident recovery (MVA, pain management),
- grief and loss,
- anger management,
- stress management, and
- life transitions.
- I am certified in grief recovery, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), radical exposure tapping, field traumatology, compassion fatigue recovery, and anger management.
- I work in collaborative partnership with you to gain an understanding of your concerns and then we work together to address those concerns.
- I work from a strength-based approach that encourages you to use your existing strengths to achieve your goals.
- I use a variety of approaches that are customized to best support you.
- Help identify stuck points that may get in the way of achieving your goals.
- Develop and provide practical strategies and skills that you can use in your life so you can resolve your concerns when they arise.
Finding a therapist who is a good fit is important and I offer a free 15 minute phone consultation before you decide to book. I aim to approach your concerns in a way that aligns with your outlook on life. I offer 24/7 online booking on my website for weekend, evening, or weekday appointments at www.khspsychology.com. It is a privilege for me to work in a helping capacity and I greatly enjoy what I do! I look forward to meeting you.
Kate Hollowell Sheldon ReachesCalgary AB