· I am dedicated to helping and supporting clients with the highest degree of care and respect, believing that increasing self-compassion, acceptance, and personal growth empowers my clients to lead more meaningful and fulfilling lives.
· I truly believe we all have the capacity for “change” in all aspects of life, and that as human beings we have the power to change our world and our future.
· My perspective is always to look at people through a positive lens, seeing your personal strength and potential to change and grow in all aspects of life and in every moment, trusting in your ability to grow and make resourceful, healthy choices when given the opportunity.
· My approach is collaborative and egalitarian one that creates a safe and accepting atmosphere, allowing my clients to recognize and make sense of their experience.
· I offer in person and E-counselling In English and Farsi
Behnaz can help you with
- Anxiety and Depression using Cognitive Behaviour Therapy(CBT)
- Relationship and marriage issues
- Self-esteem and personal growth
- Eating Disorder Treatments
Benefits of therapy with Behnaz
- Overcoming Anxiety and Depression
- learning coping skills to manage stress
- Identifying and challenging negative thoughts and patterns and replace them with more realistic and healthier ones.
- Improve your personal strength and potential to change
- Improving your communication skills
- Help recognizing and setting healthy boundaries with others
EVIDENCE BASED APPROACHES
· Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT): to help you learn how to manage stress and anxiety by recognizing and challenging your negative and unrealistic thoughts that are currently influencing your behaviour.
· Gottman theory; a skill-based approach: to teach couples the skills needed to build a strong and sound relationship. Helping your relationship grow in the direction of greater intimacy and satisfaction
· Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT): to help couples and families to help create and strengthen secure and lasting bonds, increase security, closeness, and connection in their intimate relationship.
· $140 per 50-minute session (applies to individuals)
· $150 per 50 minute session (applies to couples and families)
· I accept insurance and provide receipts for you to submit to your insurance company
· I offer virtual and in person counselling.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
· Master of Arts in counselling psychology from Adler University
· Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Simon Fraser University
· A Canadian Certified Counsellor
· A Registered Clinical Counsellor
· Training in Gottman Method for marriage and couple counselling levels I and II