I am passionate about:
- The art of breaking through stress, anxiety, and burnout
- Empowering people
- Mental & emotional strength
- Building resilience
My work has focused on helping people in these areas:
- boundary setting issues
- managing expectations
- stress and burnout
- spiritual issues
- substance abuse
Anxiety and depression have increased dramatically in the past few years, particularly after the pandemic, and it is my passion to assist clients in navigating the new “normal,” by listening to their stories and struggles.
I use a collaborative approach; allowing clients time and space to explore, gain insight, and process, while leaving them with resources and tools to utilize and work on between sessions. I believe in empowering people so that they are able to reach their full potential through a deeper understanding of themselves and others.
You don't have to struggle alone. If you are feeling weary, burned out, lacking balance, or self-care has been neglected, don't be afraid to reach out for help. Get the care you deserve. I am deeply grateful to walk beside, and learn from my clients. I look forward to meeting you and walking beside you in this journey towards healing!
I lean towards an integrative and trauma-informed theoretical approach to counselling, to gain and maintain a therapeutic relationship with the client. I strive to create a safe, judgement free, and inclusive environment. My areas of particular interest include art and expressive arts approaches - where creativity can be utilized to encourage healing and growth - interpersonal neurobiology, attachment theory, narrative therapy, internal family systems, solution-focused, and strengths-based therapy and I will incorporate the modality that fits the client and their situation.
Rooted Counselling services came to fruition with the idea of helping individuals establish a strong foundation in one's self, in family, and in community, where peace, confidence, and joy can be found. I am passionate about self-care - not just physically - but emotionally, mentally, and spiritually as well. I enjoy “sitting in the moment” with people and working through their stories and it is my passion to help clients bring change to debilitating deep-rooted thoughts, beliefs, and behaviours. I work primarily from a strengths-based approach. Meaning, that I want to set you up for success and that looks different for each individual.
Maya Angelou once stated that, "Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it." By empowering you, my client, we can work together to further your goals and to make choices that are of interest to you. I look forward to meeting you!
- $160 per 50-minute session.
- I can provide a receipt for you to submit to your insurance
- Master of Arts in Counselling - Providence Theological Seminary
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree - University of the Arts
- Observed & Experiential Integration (OEI) Level 1 training
- DBT Certification Training
- ASIST 11 – Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- CCASA – Sexual Violence Training
- CRISIS Intervention Training – Distress Centre
- Crisis De-Escalation Training
- Non-Suicidal Self-Injury: Assessment and Risk Management
- Adolescent Mental Health in the Time of Covid-19
- Trauma Informed Training for Children and Families Experiencing Intimate Partner Violence
- Depression Training – Michael Yapko
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1: Bridging the Couple Chasm
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Psychological First Aid
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
Lara Palset ReachesCalgary ABLethbridge ABMedicine Hat ABOkotoks ABSpruce Grove AB