I am fully committed to providing you support and compassion to assist with handing the many complexities of life.
I can help you in many areas such as:
- Grief & Loss
- Stress & Illness
- Anxiety & Depression
- Couples Therapy (Pre-marital and Marital)
- Family Therapy (including children)
- Court-Ordered Assessments and Reports (for attorneys)
The benefits of working together include:
- Improved communication between yourself and others
- Minimizing and reducing your anxiety and depression to live a happy, fulfilled life
- Accepting your loss and achieving closure
- Creating tools and strategies to create a deeper connection with yourself and your partner (or heal old wounds)
- Reconnecting to a renewed sense of optimism about your life with renewed focus on your unique strengths
I use the following proven therapy models to achieve fantastic results:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) which allows you to handle current issues by breaking old and unhelpful patterns. Together we will set goals and work towards them while eliminating negative patterns.
- Psychotherapy is ideal for anxiety, stress and depression because it allows us to talk about past experiences and how that affects the choice you make today. Psychotherapy works very well for issues that have been recurring for a long time. This is a long-term therapy type used with various treatment modalities as listed below.
- Counselling is one of many primary methods because it provides you with a safe, secure and friendly environment to speak about your current crisis or struggles. You’re free to talk about anything and everything with zero judgement. This is used with various other modalities such as solution-focussed, narrative, mindfulness and various other powerful ones!
How much does the service cost?
- $180 per 60 minute session
- Online payments are accepted
- You will be provided a receipt to submit to your insurance company
- You can also request online therapy if you wish to do the sessions from home
Where is the office located?
Education and Training
- Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- Registered Social Worker (RSW)
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work (BSW)
- Degree in Arts (AA)
- Published Author
A Message from Me to You
- Are there areas in your life that you'd like to strengthen?
- Do you feel 'stuck' or in a pattern that keeps you from enjoying & participating in your life fully?
- Are you also dealing with a chronic illness such as anxiety & depression that are impacting other areas?
- Would you like a safe & confidential space & time reserved just for you and/or a loved one to process past & current life events, build new coping skills and outcomes with a better quality of life?
If so, let's arrange a session after your initial consultation so that I can help YOU help yourself again!
Areas that I specialize in are: anxiety, depression, grief, loss, trauma, crisis, mental health, family & relationship issues, premarital & marital, divorce & separation, children, tweens, teens & parenting, sense of self & identity work, interpersonal communication, building coping skills/transitioning after major life events and working with blended, mixed-race & newcomer families.
I have over 15 years of local, international & media-related front-line, clinical, advocacy & consultancy experience, skills & knowledge with individuals, couples, & families. I enjoy working with all ages especially children, adolescents & young adults & I'm passionate about empowering your journey in today's post-modern, fast-paced & ever-changing frontiers.
Polly Sidher ReachesMississauga ON