Welcome, welcome, welcome. I am thrilled you’re here.
Online Counselling is an exciting way to receive the support and help you are looking for! It is easy to access, private, and confidential.
Using an online format, I help people and couples like you who are experiencing change and challenges in their lives to restore, renew and recover their confidence, wellbeing, and resilience.
I have a vibrant and diverse psychotherapy practice that is as vibrant and diverse as my nursing psychotherapy experience.
I am an RN, Psychotherapist with over 17yrs of clinical mental health experience and continuing education in working with youth, adults and couples experiencing
- effects of learning disabilities/ADHD
- matters relating to identity (gender and sexuality) *I was the first RN to be a second assessor for gender-affirming surgery in Ontario and continue to provide this service in my private practice*
- post-partum depression and anxiety
- interpersonal issues relating to issues between couples
My full scope primary care RN experience has blessed me with extensive experience in working, supporting, and counseling parents who need help in the areas of
With my extensive healthcare background, my practice is uniquely suited to the specific mental health concerns and wellbeing challenges of
- parenting adjustment
- step-parenting adjustment
- parenting multiples
- children or youth diagnosed with ADHD/LD
- children or youth diagnosed with a mental illness, medical condition, or terminal illness
- first responders,
- allied health professionals
I am married to another health care professional and doubly understanding the effects of burnout on ourselves, our family, and our lives.
After graduating ‘with distinction’ with a Master’s Degree in Leadership in 2018, the last few years of my psychotherapy practice has expanded to include working with those in mid- to C-suite management and leadership positions to address their individualized personal and professional mental health and wellbeing challenges.
Managers and leaders carry a heavy weight of responsibility; psychotherapy helps to ease the effects of this weight.
My clients have described me as
Engaging in sessions with me will help you to better understand what is holding you back from experiencing a healthy and happy life, partnership or marriage.
You will be invited to learn, and practice personalized strategies that will support your ability to better manage your reactions, symptoms and improve your relationships with family, friends, and of course, yourself.
Psychotherapy is for you if...
Psychotherapy with me is for you if…
- Your relationships are strained
- You're experiencing a loss of motivation
- You feel like you’ve lost control
- You are experiencing a big change (job loss, new baby, adoption, parenting, going to school, new career, divorce)
- A loved one has died
- You or your partner have a chronic illness
- You don’t feel like you know yourself anymore
- Your family, friends or colleagues have suggested you “need to talk to someone”
- You get angry and irritated easily or more easily than before
- You’ve lost sight of what you want or need
- Your sleep is disrupted
- You feel stuck
- You are ready to talk
- You like humour in your conversations
- You enjoy authentic people
- You want someone to consider your life from a whole-person perspective
- You want to try to help yourself
- You want to make your relationships better
- You are committed to yourself and your partnership/marriage
- You would like a personalized process
If this is you and you are ready to begin psychotherapy AND begin psychotherapy with me, please click on the contact button to get started. You WILL receive a reply within 12-24hrs.
I am excited to begin working with you!
Sheena Howard ReachesPeterborough ON
Clients throughout Ontario