Lisa Clendening, BEd, MSW, RSW, Lasting Wellness Counselling Services
I am a Registered Social Worker providing in person and online counselling for clients with addictions and mental health issues, supporting them to live their fullest possible lives. I can invoice under a Registered Clinical Psychologist for the purpose of extended healthcare benefits.
I am passionate about creating awareness, transformation, and lasting wellness in my own life and the lives of my clients. Respect, empathy, collaboration, and empowerment guide all of my interactions.
I have over 20 years experience teaching and counselling in community settings including over 10 years of clinical expertise treating a variety of mental health concerns, addictions, trauma, weight management and body image issues. I use innovative therapies that go beyond the 5% of decision making that is our conscious mind to support you to repattern your subconscious for lasting wellbeing. Some of the the therapies that we may use together, depending on your challenges and preferences, are Clinical Hypnosis, Mindfulness, Meditation, EMDR trauma therapy, EFT tapping, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to achieve your desired results.
I am experienced in treating conditions such as:
- Low Self-Esteem
- Chronic Illness
- Chronic Fatigue
- Sleep Issues
- Grief and Loss
- Relationship Issues
- Bipolar Disorder
- Weight Management Issues
- Body Image Concerns
I continually improve my knowledge and skills to support you with leading edge integrative therapies that tend to achieve outstanding results. Highlights of additional training that I have taken include:
- The Energy Blueprint, Ari Whitten 2017
- Bright Line Eating Bootcamp, Susan Pierce Thompson, PhD. 2017
- EMDR Certification, EMDRIA 2010-2015
- Applications of Mindful Awareness and Resonance to Psychotherapy, Irene R. Siegel, PhD. 2015
- Clinical Social Work Supervision, Jane Matheson, PhD. 2014
- Advanced Clinical EMDR 22.5 hour Workshop, Laurel Parnell 2012
- Food Addiction, Overeating, and Mood Swings, Biomed 2011
- Four day Intensive Training in CBT, Dr. David Burns, M.D. 2011
- Two day Suicide Intervention Training, The Support Network 2011
- The Many Faces of EMDR Conference, EMDRIA 2010
- Advanced Clinical Hypnosis, Canadian Society of Clinical Hypnosis 2010
- Complex Trauma, Structural Dissociation & EMDR, EMDRIA 2009
- Imaginal Nuturing, Ego States & Attachment, April Steele 2009
- 200 hour Kundalini Yoga Teacher Certification, IKYTA 2009
- Developments in Mindfulness for Clinicians, Michael Stone 2007
- 68 hour Kundalini Yoga for Addiction Recovery, Sat Dharam Kaur, N.D. 2008
- Yoga Instructor Certification, The Yoga Institute, Mumbai, India 2005
Associations I belong to include:
- The Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- The Ontario Association of Social Workers
- The Canadian Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- The Guelph Chamber of Commerce
I believe that wellness is more than the absence of disease. It involves the wholeness and inter-connectedness of our mind, body, emotions, and spirit.
Schedule your free Discovery Session today: http://lasting-wellness.com/online-appointment-booking and take your first steps to Lasting Wellness.
Lisa Clendening Reaches
Clients throughout Ontario