I spent years not only embracing my features but learning to understand the consequences it had on the thoughts I had about myself. I understand that, although, complete self-acceptance is life changing, it can be frustrating. In a doctoral dissertation, L.A Fultz addressed “the impact of colorism, and how it negatively influences people, of any skin tone."
When we think about featurism and texturism, the perception can lead to anxiety and self-doubt. As a working professional, dealing with these ideas can be overwhelming. So what can you do about it? It takes an understanding of what are the “isms”. It also takes effort to learn how it influences your mental well-being.
I help young professionals, living in Ontario, who have experienced the impact of featurism and texturism, so they can feel more confident in their personal and professional life.
I offer individual sessions, where you will be free to explore your experiences, and judgements, while identifying your strengths, in a safe, environment.
Learn the skills you need to move forward, with confidence. You will experience improved mood and functioning. You will experience better relationships. You will cope with life stressors and defy your own limits! Find me at mpm@email@example.com.
For a free 30-minute consultation, or to book an initial session, contact me at 647-880-4927.
- Years in Practice: 10 Years
- School: University of Windsor
- Year Graduated: 2010
- Licence and Province: 819022, Ontario
- Family Therapy Program, George Hull Centre Cognitive Therapy Certificate
- Certificate Date: 2018-2019
- Incorporating DBT Informed Practice working With Families and Adolescents
- Certificate Date: 2018
- CTRI Attachment and Families - Strategies for Engaging Help
- Certificate: July 2017
- Certificate: Masters of Social Work, University of Windsor
- Certificate Date: 2010
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Registration Number: 819022
- Certificate: Humber College / Child & Youth Worker Diploma
- Certificate Date: 2007
- Certificate: University of Toronto / Honours Degree
- Certificate Date: 2001
MPM Counselling can help with:
- Featurism and texturism issues.
- Multigenerational family issues.
- Self-esteem and confidence.
- Individual psychotherapy.
MPM Counselling provides RESULTS:
- You will experience improved mood and functioning.
- Learn the skills you need to move forward, with confidence.
- You will experience better relationships.
- You will cope with life stressors and defy your own limits!
MPM Counselling fees:
- $150.00 for 75minutes for individuals; $150.00 per hour for couples.
- Many insurance plans cover Registered Social Worker services.
- Services declared a medical expense, may qualify for tax deduction on your income tax return.
- If you are struggling financially, a sliding scale is possible on a case-by-case basis.
MPM Counselling location and services:
- Conveniently located in Toronto’s Greek town, accessible by TTC. Plenty of street parking available. Green P Parking App takes parking to another level!
- Online and telephone sessions available during pandemic.
A unique therapeutic experience for individuals and families who have experienced colourism, featurism and texturism.
Melice Mitchell, MSW, RSW
MPM Counselling wants to thank you for your time and dedication to yourself.
For a free 30-minute consultation, or to book an initial session, contact me at mpm.counselling@gmaillcom or 647-880-4927
Melice Mitchell ReachesEast York ONToronto ON