Are you experiencing depression, anxiety, or low self-esteem? Do you want to mend a damaged relationship, enhance your marital relationship, or prepare for marriage? Are you feeling the effects of burnout, or have you gone through a grief or a traumatic experience? I can provide you with a safe space to work through your issues and to get to a better place.
I began training as a psychotherapist in 2013, and I use a variety of therapeutic techniques. Together we can discover what works best for you to reach your individual goals. For example, I use the following:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) – to help you free yourself from unhelpful patterns and achieve your goals
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and Attachment Theory – to help you build a more understanding and emotionally satisfying couple relationship
- Trauma Theory – to help you heal from wounds in your past
- Narrative Therapy – to help you think about your life with a new perspective that resonates with you and helps you move ahead
- Family Systems Theory – to help you develop strategies to function and thrive in all of the various contexts of your life
I have an MDiv in Clinical Counselling from Tyndale Seminary, and I am a Registered Psychotherapist in Ontario (#007472). I have specialized training in DBT.
PSYCHOTHERAPY WITH ME
- Cost is $100/55 minute session
- Bills for insurance coverage under the categories of psychotherapy or counselling are available
- Psychotherapy is provided at Meadowbrook Counselling Associates (208-6633 Highway 7E, Markham)
- Contact me at 647-691-3868 or firstname.lastname@example.org
I first trained and worked in software engineering (B. Math in Computer Science), where I experienced business and honed my analytical and problem-solving skills. Then I changed careers in 2001 after seeing the need to help people in the more personal and relational dimensions of life. I became involved in community caring work in a cross-cultural context in Toronto, where I helped newcomers to Canada become established in their new country. This included lots of social work and counselling, as well as an incredible opportunity to live in China for a year while studying to become conversationally fluent in Mandarin. My community caring work experience prompted me to learn personally how to navigate conflict, as well as how to successfully work through burnout and depression.
I have been married since 2005 and together with my wonderful wife am raising two special children, each with their unique temperaments and skills. I also cherish the memory of one son who died as a young baby, and so I have a special empathy for people who have experienced or are experiencing various griefs.
In my spare time, I enjoy reading, as well as down time with my family playing games and exploring the outdoors up north.
Stephen Vance ReachesMarkham ON